• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lucky People...

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM
  • 24 Replies

Are you one? Did you ever notice that some people seem to have all the luck? Whether it's with their job, money, happiness,, etc....How do some people win the lottery twice or get promotion after promotion when they aren't the best ofr the job? Why do some have all healthy bright children and others are sick or never able to have any children?

Or do you think luck is just a random thing that happens?

Myspace Comments  

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HTMommy
by Crystal on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:43 AM
I don't know honestly. Lol, I think some things are meant to be and some aren't. As to the lottery, I think the random people that play once and win, yes, are lucky but the others who throw 100 bucks a week at it and win all the time are sick and have an addiction to gambling. Whether it pays off or not isn't the point. I don't play and prob never will, I'll never win, so be it, to me its the equivalent of throwing a dollar in the trash. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:47 AM

I have had luck, but I think it has just been random.

JustGail
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:56 AM

does BAD luck count?????? (cause i got me a crap load of that)

Alicat1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:07 AM

I have been lucky. But I look at it as blessings. Like my hubbysince 1991. And my dd who is such a great kid. Since she is a teen and I have no problems so far is luck, but I hope that its also because of our parenting style and skills. I get to stay at home. I think its not luck. We had to plan all this. I had my dd in 1998. We scrimpt and saves so I could be a stay at home mom.I am blessed but yes, lucky my hubby embraces what I do as a SAHM and wife. I have been lucky many times. But also they are blessings. I do not play the lottery because I do not believe my luck constitutes me wasting money on tickets. I do not gamble for that reason. I look at my healthy girl and boy I think I am blessed. Its heart breaking to learn a child has cancer. IT could happen to anyones child. Why? Boes this happen? Ask God, I do not know the answer. I do not have a sick kid or family. So I do not know if I would feel un lucky if I had sick kids, no job, etc. I do think things do happen for a reason?

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I'm very lucky to have my husband and son because they mean the world to me but nothing ever comes easy for us. We don't have lucky when it comes to anything because whenever we think things are going to work things don't and we are let down again. I'm lucky that i'm able to be a sahm but sometimes I feel bad for my husband because he is the only one proving for our family and I feel I should be doing more then just taking care of our son. I'm lucky we only get colds here and there but nothign too serious.

mum2boyz
by Melissa on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I think some people have all the luck lol but I'm very negative lately lol.  I mean I'm blessed to be a sahm, have healthy children, own a home, dh have a job.  But we struggle like crazy!  Although I'm finding lately I think certain friends of mine actually think I am the one with all the luck.  because I have healthy children, I am able to stay home, able to bear children and have natural births.  I know I'm blessed with alot but I still think some are just born with luck lol

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:09 PM

have you ever read the book The Secret?? its amazing.. it goes along with our beliefs though that the more positive you put into the universe the more you get back.. and the more you complain that you have no money for example, you will keep struggling.  but if you say and BELIEVE that have all that you could want and need, you always will. 

angelbaby053099
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:11 PM

I am definitely NOT one. People always used to "joke" that they had to stand 10 feet away from me cuz my bad luck migh tbe contagious.lol

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:26 PM

I think luck is mostly random.  I don't seem to be particularly lucky or unlucky when it comes to contests and the like. 

janitablue
by Janita on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I don't believe in luck. I have always felt just because a person is well off than I am does not make that person lucky. You never know what is going on with that person and their family.

They might be well off but you ever notice that some not all are not happy, some might be mentally unstable,  emotionally unbalance, or working hard to maintain that lucky life style while other fight vultures off to keep their new wealth(lottery). Look at

Paris Hilton she was blessrd to be raise up in a wealthy family. She has her own business ventures(perfume, music, etc.) that she created but now she smoking cocaine Why.............You know the old saying never judge the book by it cover might be surprise what 's inside it. Life is  what you make of it, sometimes you have to make sacrifice...............

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)