• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what i feel regarding so many ppl's coments on...

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM
  • 13 Replies
Mr. Facebook's donation to newark publi schools.
I was a little shocked.
I don't get you people. You sit there and constintly critisize things that need a change and no one does anything about it well,
Now someone is and for no reason. If this city doesn't get the money, the children are going to suffer. Not the schools, or the
Teachers or the polititions. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't step foot in Newark unless I really had to. But sadly, most of us are
Able to afford a private school or to live in an area with a decent school system but those children do not. They deserve a chance
Like everyone elses kids. Maybe they want to be doctors or teachers or the president when they grow up, they should have the opportunity.
Can you just believe. For one min. That anything is possible for little people who have no idea or control of the crime rate, the murder rate,
The homeless rate or the past drop out rate. This could be the chance they need and maybe, just maybe by the time they get to high school they
Choose not to drop out and go off to college. What a difference that would make in a very small part of the world, but, its a start.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HTMommy
by Crystal on Sep. 29, 2010 at 7:48 AM
Well said
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:17 AM

Very well said.  I don't think the comments were meant to belittle the gift or begrudge the children.  I think its simply a matter of money won't automatically fix the problem if there is no plan of action, and unfortunately, a lot of the change must come from within the home in order for all of the children to be successful.  The financial gift is a generous start, but it is not a cure all.

If it generates positive and sustained change in the Newark School system, then what a wonderful thing, indeed.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:12 AM

I agree with you, Melissa. It's a matter of just b/c they are given money doesn't mean the problems will get fixed. They have to allocate it appropriately, which has not happened in the past or they would not be in such financial harship in the district to begin with.

Quoting jerzeetomato:

Very well said.  I don't think the comments were meant to belittle the gift or begrudge the children.  I think its simply a matter of money won't automatically fix the problem if there is no plan of action, and unfortunately, a lot of the change must come from within the home in order for all of the children to be successful.  The financial gift is a generous start, but it is not a cure all.

If it generates positive and sustained change in the Newark School system, then what a wonderful thing, indeed.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

finallymomof3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:35 PM

I also agree...

Quoting jerzeetomato:

M.I.L.F201
by Cupcake on Sep. 29, 2010 at 7:56 PM
The sad part is a lot of parents don't "love" there children to care. It makes you wonder why they became parents in the first place.
Even if the statistics raise only 1% next school year. It will be an improvement. Miracles can not happen over night or in this situation over
1 school year. I just have so much hope for every child b/c they are the future. I wish I could take them all in, love them, teach them, and push them
Towards the right direction. I know it sounds nieve to a lot of people but I have a soft heart for children. And I'm starting to tear as I write this.
I have high hopes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chiquis
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:05 PM
I just said I wanted some lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HTMommy
by Crystal on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:46 PM
I agree it is very hard to see parents that don't care enough to help their kids. Its something we all see every single day, but unfortunately there is little we do about those parents. Do what you can, if you can donate time to tutor or something go for it, help out kids, volunteer time, anything that will ease your heart so you aren't so upset by these situations. Good for you for having such high hopes...not many people do anymore especially for those children that are not ours or deemed as lost causes.

Quoting M.I.L.F201:

The sad part is a lot of parents don't "love" there children to care. It makes you wonder why they became parents in the first place.

Even if the statistics raise only 1% next school year. It will be an improvement. Miracles can not happen over night or in this situation over

1 school year. I just have so much hope for every child b/c they are the future. I wish I could take them all in, love them, teach them, and push them

Towards the right direction. I know it sounds nieve to a lot of people but I have a soft heart for children. And I'm starting to tear as I write this.

I have high hopes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Habibti812
by Joni on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I agree. More money is spent on children in Newark schools than any other in the state. So something else has to give. What is wrong here? Is there a need for better teachers? More after school programs? More individualized attention? I think they need to take a step back and see what is going on and what needs to be done.

Quoting bhwrn1:

I agree with you, Melissa. It's a matter of just b/c they are given money doesn't mean the problems will get fixed. They have to allocate it appropriately, which has not happened in the past or they would not be in such financial harship in the district to begin with.

Quoting jerzeetomato:

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

barefootmommi
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Amen!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaWolf77
by Member on Sep. 30, 2010 at 10:11 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)