Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Regifting at Christmas....

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:59 AM
  • 6 Replies

do you do it?

Have you ever gotten caught?

I regift sometimes if I know a person would love the gift more than I did...

My sister does it but gets caught every time!!! LOL One year she gave my grandmom a sewing box and kit that my mom gave to her last year! And my grandmom knew that;s what my mom had given her!! LOL

One year she gave my DD a sweater that I saw my neice wearing!!! EWW!! We actually had words over that one. If I'm spending $30 on your kids and thats what we agree on, then you'd better do the same!  IMO.....

Myspace Comments  

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:01 AM

I have done it couple of times but I gave the gift to someone that didn't know the person so I will not get caught.

mhmomma
by Becky on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:27 AM

I do but havent done it in awhile.  My SIL does it to my kids all the time.  As a matter of fact, I just found out that she gave my son a game that her son got from our hubbys cousin.  My son got the same gift from my mom so I wanted to exchange the game.  I asked for the gift receipt to exchange it and she told me that they had to exchange another gift and didn't have the receipt anymore.  WTF!!!  I take a lot of time and effort shopping for people.  I expect the same respect.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:29 AM

I have and no, I have never gotten caught. I actually have a few things in my closet upstairs, but no one to give them to b/c they are kid's stuff and no one has little kids (they are for the younger crew). I should just donate the stuff!

ceciliam
by Lynn on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:47 AM

I have never regifted but I'm not against it either.

HTMommy
by Crystal on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:09 AM
I haven't but if I did it would be to people who don't know the people I got it from or viceversa.

Brooke if its toys why give it to Toys For Tots?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabe06tara07
by Stephanie on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:24 AM

I re-gift every now and then.  If it is something someone else will really enjoy, then I don't see the harm in it.  If it is just to be cheap, then I have a problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)