Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gift Ideas needed

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

I need some ideas on what to get my mom fr X-Mas. I got her some perfume and a pj set and have no clue what else to get her. She is the hardest person to buy for because she has everything. The only thing that she has mentioned that she wants is the NOOK, I looked online and with the protection plan it is over $300. We just cant do that now because we are trying to finish buying everything we need for the baby. HELP PLEASE!!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mhmomma
by Becky on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I can't really help you there.  We have only gotten my mom a professional phote of all her grandchildren together 6 of them all together.  I do have to get her something else but not sure right now.  We don't buy for our inlaws.

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Well, if your mom likes to read, how about some real books?  Maybe a gift card to Borders or B&N or Best Buy that she can put toward a Nook or one of the other eReaders?

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:26 PM

how about a gift certificate to one of her favorite places. I buy my mom a giftcard to Dunkin Donuts every year and my dad one for AMC b/c they go to the movies so much. They love them b/c they know they will get used!

betsystipo
by Betsy on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:55 PM

I agree on the gift cards!  Maybe she'd find what she wants on a good sale after Christmas since its a pricey item?  I get my mom gift cards to restuarants bc she doesn't have alot of money so its a nice treat for her to go out and not worry about paying for it!

vettechmom88
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:31 PM

if she isnt insisting on the nook color or 3G features walmart carries nooks now. i bought the basic one when it first came out, and i love it. they all have wi-fi, so they are all able to use the free wireless and access all the free content in-store without buying the fanciest one. the basic one is $149, & goes to $198 w/ 3G, then you hit the $200+ mark when you add color. still might be more than you are wanting to go, but just wanted to make sure you knew there were other options than the newest model, in case youd just seen an ad or something. did she specifically say a nook and only a nook? i love mine, and recommend nooks over kindles and t rest, but if she didnt say it HAD to be nook brand, there are lots of other, much cheaper ereaders available also.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nook-with-WiFi-by-Barnes-Noble/15231527

good luck :)

"Never judge a man by how he treats his peers, judge him by how he treats his inferiors." ~ Albus Dumbledore

chiquis
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:33 PM
I agree on gift cards or books. I'm sure she will love what you get her no matter what.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HTMommy
by Crystal on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:55 PM
I was gonna say there are lots of other versions. Check out borders also they have great deals also amazon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by Janita on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:47 PM

I agreed with everyone gift cards are the way to go.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Dec. 11, 2010 at 7:11 AM

A giftcard!

Habibti812
by Joni on Dec. 11, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Yes I saw the Kindle was only 149!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)