Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need everyones help

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:55 PM
  • 12 Replies

to do my New Years Resolution.  I want to quit smoking for my resolution.  I feel like I make this promise every year and I fail miserably.  I quit both pregnancies and for some time after.  I quit when I was on Weight Watchers years and years ago.  I need to do this for myself as well as my kids.  I need suggestions and support so I don't have the need to smoke.  PPPLLEEAAASSEEE help me succeed this time.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen113000
by Jenna on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:58 PM

How are you going to stop? Cold turkey or gradual? What have you used in the past to quit?

Just believe you can do it! You can! You are stronger then that little flimsy cigarette! Always remember that! You ARE stronger!

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:58 PM

You can count on me to help in any way.  I know how tough it is to quit -first hand.  You can do it!!

Habibti812
by Joni on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:58 PM

have you tried a patch... Or isn't thier a pill? Chintaxx?? Could you put a picture of your kids where you'd normally keep your cigs to remind you of WHY you want to quit.. To be around for them? Chew lots of gum? Take up a hobby that keeps your hands busy?

jen113000
by Jenna on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:00 PM

They have this thing at my mall where its a fake cigarette...I really don't know anything about it but maybe that would help...?

mhmomma
by Becky on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Cold turkey....in the past when I did it gradual I cut back but that was it.  I do not smoke a ton.  Maybe 6 butts a day, weekends maybe 10.   Funny thing is a lot of people don't even know I smoke.  I don't do it in the car, or house or infront/around the kids.  I think my daughter knows but I don't do it around them. 

Quoting jen113000:

How are you going to stop? Cold turkey or gradual? What have you used in the past to quit?

Just believe you can do it! You can! You are stronger then that little flimsy cigarette! Always remember that! You ARE stronger!

mhmomma
by Becky on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:05 PM

I have never tried any of that stuff.  I am too broke to even consider it.  I have just had enough and want to improve myself.  The hardest thing is my hubby smokes and he has no desire to quit.  He smokes in his car.  I can make it hours and hours without.  He can not and there is no convincing him to quit.

Quoting Habibti812:

have you tried a patch... Or isn't thier a pill? Chintaxx?? Could you put a picture of your kids where you'd normally keep your cigs to remind you of WHY you want to quit.. To be around for them? Chew lots of gum? Take up a hobby that keeps your hands busy?

mhmomma
by Becky on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Oh, and the picture is a good idea.  I will have to try that one.  Thanks

Quoting Habibti812:

Habibti812
by Joni on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Hmm.. DO you think the money you'd be saving on cigs you could use towards a patch?? If it helps it might be worth splurging a little... Your hubby not wanting to quit definitely makes it harder. And I'm sure there is nothing you can do to convince him, unless he really wants to it will be useless. We are definitely here to support you! And in weak moments- come here and chat with us!

Quoting mhmomma:

I have never tried any of that stuff.  I am too broke to even consider it.  I have just had enough and want to improve myself.  The hardest thing is my hubby smokes and he has no desire to quit.  He smokes in his car.  I can make it hours and hours without.  He can not and there is no convincing him to quit.

Quoting Habibti812:

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

mhmomma
by Becky on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Thank you soooo much.  You are right about hubby.  I know that once I get past the first few weeks I should be good.  Like I said I don't really smoke a lot.  I have 2 in the morning and then I wont have another one until around 4:30 then maybe 2 more before bed.  On weekends if we are home I tend to smoke more. 

Quoting Habibti812:

Hmm.. DO you think the money you'd be saving on cigs you could use towards a patch?? If it helps it might be worth splurging a little... Your hubby not wanting to quit definitely makes it harder. And I'm sure there is nothing you can do to convince him, unless he really wants to it will be useless. We are definitely here to support you! And in weak moments- come here and chat with us!

Quoting mhmomma:

Quoting Habibti812:

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:23 PM

I have no suggestions b/c I was never a smoker. And I can't claim to understand the addiction so I think it would be wrong of me to give you suggestions. However, I can be as much support as you need. PM me when you are feeling like you need one. Come in here and vent. We are here for you!

YOU CAN DO THIS!good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)