Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone witnessed a stroke?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:28 PM
  • 9 Replies

I was sitting in my bedroom when all of a sudden I hear my husbands uncle knocking stuff over jumping up and landing on my couch calling me sayin my foot my foot call an ambulance than all of a sudden his mouth looked kind of smushed to the side and talking wierd so as i'm running around looking for my cellphone hes all of a sudden sitting up rubbing his foot saying i think im ok now, i think something bit me or something. I'm like do you want me to call the ambulance and hes like no. I dont buy the something bit me cuz even a bee sting wouldnt cause someone to jump and scream like he did. He was laying face down on his stomach on the couch with his leg in the air. My husband was also told by another family member that he has a heart condition but nobody knows exactly whats wrong with his heart. does this sound like  symptoms of a stroke, should we be concerned? Has anyone witnessed someone else having a stroke?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bhwrn1
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 5:47 AM

Doesn't sound like stroke to me. Does he have neurological problems, b/c it sounds more like that to me.

megrn05
by Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:01 AM

I'm an ER nurse who is stroke certified. Definitely not a stroke.  I would still have him checked out though.  I'm not sure what that could be...

Habibti812
by Joni on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:39 AM

I'd still get him to the doctor to get checked...

mhmomma
by Becky on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:19 AM

I would definately have him checked out.

gabe06tara07
by Stephanie on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:25 AM

I have witnessed one, and that wasn't what happened.  But everyone is different.  I would definitely get him checked out though.

mom2queenie2004
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Maybe a seizure?

HTMommy
by Crystal on Dec. 10, 2010 at 1:35 PM
It sounds like he had a charlie horse. Its basically a muscle spasm and OMG do they hurt. What you described him doing sounds exactly like the reaction one normally has when they experience one. Its supposedly caused by a lack of potassium. So they say eat bananas. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by Janita on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Here are information on a stroke  click here Stroke Warning Signs  National Stroke Association WebMD

Please encourage him to see a doctor.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Dec. 11, 2010 at 7:09 AM

I've never seen a stroke, but something's wrong, for sure!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)