Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why did you?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:41 AM
  • 16 Replies
Say Yes to your Hubby when he proposed?

What about him made you decide he was the one you wanted to be with for the rest of your life?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamacifuni
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:43 AM

we r best friends and we have sooooo much in common...plus i knew we'd make pretty babies and i was so right!

HTMommy
by Crystal on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:49 AM
I didn't exactly say yes, lol I kind of groaned and said "k, whatever" I was pregnant and asleep and went to bed late and he woke me up super early to propose he still lived at home so we were in his tiny postage stamp bedroom.
The sweetness of it was that he did it christmas morning. But if I remember right, after he woke me up I went to go have morning sickness lol.
It was CLASSY lol!

I really don't know why I said yes, and I've said before if we didn't get married then, we probably wouldn't have now after going through so much bullshit.
He does stupid shit that get him in trouble. But other than THAT, he's a good guy, and proof that they can change. I'm also a fighter and I fight for what I believe in and I don't give up. He suggested divorce a few years back (after I beat him up for something) and I told him he's not getting out of it that easy. He asked me to marry him. Not the other way around. I told him he f*cked up and now he needs to deal with the consequences. (Something he'd never had to do before bc mommy and daddy got him out of everything)
He had to deal with the consequences, but that I'd be there by his side, giving him all the support in the world.
I DO love him, and having grown so much together, I am glad that I did say yes.

But I still can't tell you why I did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HTMommy
by Crystal on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:50 AM
And she is a doll!

Quoting mamacifuni:

we r best friends and we have sooooo much in common...plus i knew we'd make pretty babies and i was so right!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:03 AM

It was just right. I knew he was the one. I knew I had found my soul mate. Best decision I ever made!

momaof8
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:11 AM

He was my best friend and romantic. He was also persistant lol. Been 25 years so far!

Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:18 AM

I knew right away I was going to marry him. After our first date I told my best friend "That is the man I'm going to marry" She laughed and thought I was crazy. But I just knew. I knew from the very first moment that he was "the one" And I never left his side after that. So a few years later when he asked me to marry him it was a given lol

ceciliam
by Lynn on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:22 AM

I just knew. It's as simple as that. We were/are so meant to be together. I totally made the right choice....my husband rocks!!!

jen113000
by Jenna on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:31 AM

A lot of reasons why I said yes. I knew I didn't want to live without him. My love for him is so strong, it making me tear up just writing this. He gets me and I get him. He's so sweet and sensitive and loving. He is perfect for me. We share a lot of the same beliefs.. I couldn't imagine a better man for me and for our boys.

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:36 PM

I knew from the moment we meet he was the right one for me and the day he asked me to married him I was very surpised because I never thought I would ever get married.

mrsr0125
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:35 PM

I thought he had money! LOL!!!!! Seriously!

But really he was the first person ever that I had absolutely no trust issues with whatsoever. He liked me for ME and didn't want or need anything from me. It took a while for me to understand that. I had always taken care of everyone of my boyfriends in some way.

And there was no little voice inside of me ever saying something wasn't right. He puts me, and now our family first, he does anything we need and tries to give us everything he can. I totally trust him in everyway possible and always have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)