Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*****9 YEARS AGO TODAY =/ *****

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:09 AM
  • 5 Replies

On Feb. 9, 2002 they found my dad's body at the world trade center with a female he was trying to save & 4other officers. He was killed on 9/11. He was a police Lt. For the Port Authority Police Dept. of NY & NJ. He taught the Police Academy. Today instead of crying, I will put my head up & thank the lord above for this blessing. His body had his wedding ring still on and his wallet with photos of myself my mom and my brothers & sisters. He was found50 feet under rubble, this is a miracle. We got to lay him to rest on Feb 12, 2002.

Rest In Peace Robert Cirri Sr., Kathy Mazza , James Romito, James Parham and Stephen Huczko. They were all found TOGETHER with a female they were trying to save!

I just wanted to share his story, I feel that way, he lives on.

Robert d. Cirri Sr. Badge #180 Aug 31,1962- Sept. 11, 2001.

"an american hero" - i just call him my dad <3

giving dad heart i miss you dad <3

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a brave man.

amanda7271986
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:15 AM
Awww I'm sorry for your loss.....he was awesome and brave:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HTMommy
by Crystal on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:28 AM
That makes me cry! I remember being pulled out of school bc my brother's unit was supposed to go up and help and last minute they said no. That day was such chaos and so many lives lost and taken. I am glad you have someone so close that helped as much as he could. A personal savior. He may be gone but he will live on in all your thoughts of him you share and most importantly, your heart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:32 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss mama. How selfless and brave.

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:39 AM

The world needs more men like your dad.  I am so sorry - and thank you for sharing your story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)