Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just venting.. UPDATE

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:30 AM
  • 12 Replies

So dh and fil are in puerto rico this weekend.. Fil actually left monday and they aren't coming back til tomorrow. My mil had said she wanted to start "cleaning" the basement.. I'm always willing to clean since I love there and hate the mess! She didn't move a finger til yesterday! I have 10 garbage bags of crap to throw out tomorrow and a bunch of things to sell at an upcoming garage sale. What bothers me the most is that I cooked dinner for us (is uncle is getting divorced to he is with us temporarily) NO ONE offered/helped to clean up the kitchen!! And then when they decided to start the basement, I brought a handful of bags down and she KEPT more crap that's useless!! Really why do you need a karate poster from a tournament from 2005? Why do we need these house magazines from 1992?! Can we say hoarders?!? If I didn't get our uncle to intervene she would have just taken stuff from one room and put it in the other room without going thru it. That's how she cleans, move crap around and its okay!! Ugh lady really! Your house is full of useless shit!! Ahh and I was up til e now its 6am and I'm already at work. I'm tired and my body hurts!! This is insane! And we'll attack the basement again today cause fil doesn't throw ANYTHING out and garbage is tomorrow..

so not only did i break my back helping this lady clean up her crap, sunday after work, i had to go to a few places and asked her if she wanted to go. she said no. so i left. mind you we took out TEN bags saturday night. well sunday, after running around, we came home and saw only SEVEN bags on the curb. TELL ME WHY THIS LADY WENT THREW THE TRASH!!!?!?!?!?!   Like realy?! I was beyond pist. That will be the last time I tell her I will help. If I ever decided to do anything it will be behind their backs and the night before garbage day! she's nuts!! also yesterday, i had to work and hubby wasn't home yet from puerto rico, so i had to take Lany to the sitter. tell me why my mother in law thought it was okay to go pick up my daughter?! like i'm paying this lady for the day, and you go get her without consulting her father or myself? so i told  my sitter never to let my mil take her again. i may be sounding harsh but that was the icing on the cake. its MY daughter, no one asked her to pick her up, and i pay per day! sry for venting out a lil more

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:04 AM

that sucks and she should have helped out. my mil is the same way she says she wants to clean but someone else always wines up doing and if you start throwing stuff she wants she will get pissed,

lanys_mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:22 AM
I've thrown out a lot of garbage when they're not home and she knows that. She knows that I'll clean everything out as long as fil isn't home and I don't throw certain thing out. But magazines from 92? Bills from 90? Cmon we're in 2011, we don't need those! It just aggravates me that she wants to do all this crap and she saves 98% of it! I just hope she goes to TX in April so I can clean out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akgraff
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:25 AM

oh wow! sorry you had to be the one to do all the work! But hey...at least they know your dependable one to get it done :) and your cleeean!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:53 AM

Wow, that is frustrating! Hopefully they will notice all your hard work. Can you say someting to her while you are cleaning? Like "can you help me throw this stuff out" or something like that?

lanys_mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:02 AM
I was throwing this in the garbage bag and she'd take them out! I'd tell her "that's from lowes from 05, I think their flyers are updated." So she'd throw it out again. It's like yeah a lot has been thrown out which is a great start, but a lot more can be thrown out. I will clean the basement out one time only. Whatever she keeps, will be her business when they move.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Keep your chin up, mama.  You are doing the best you can, and she is set in her ways and that will be difficult to change.  Just feel good knowing that whatever you managed to get out for the garbage pick up this week puts you a little more ahead.

Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Sorry mama :-( That stinks.

jms124
by Jen on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:47 PM

All I can say is I feel for you.  My MIL is like that too.  I'm still trying (after 3 years) to get all her crap out of the house.  What my FIL won't let her keep at their house, she feels is ok to keep here. 

I don't understand why people feel the need to keep the crap.

HTMommy
by Crystal on Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:04 AM

UGH! I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live with my parents who are the same way....they have SOOOO much shit that is taking up space and want US to get rid of our shit that we USE bc they don't have enough room for their SHIT they DON'T USE! we watched a show on hoarding and my mom was like "wow, we really need to get rid of shit" because she realized she was the same.....do you think she has yet to lift a finger? NO! of course not, bc it"s THEIR house which they constantly have the need to rub in our faces! I'm about to say then "FINE, it's MY SEWER and MY WATER" since we pay those bills.....We can Rant together....its healthy! LOL

mommacatof3
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Ah I know how you feel. We had a basement room at our inlaws. We had the basement split in half so we had our own space. After we moved the place looks like a bomb went off. We just finished getting the rest of our things yesterday. Ah what a mess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)