Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TOTD 3/2: Calling the Police

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:53 AM
  • 11 Replies

This seems appropriate today since I'm going to have to do it.

Have you ever had to call the police to your house for anything? What? Did it get resolved?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KatieBellsMom
by Tracy on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:00 AM

When I was in High school my father & brother got into a HUGE fight...scary stuff & I had the phone in my hands to call the police...but was too scared.

They showed up anyway & calmed everyone down. My dad & brother didn't talk for over a year - mostly my dad's fault...They're ok now though....even going on vacations together.

What started it? My brother sniffed his snot instead of blowing his nose while at the dinner table...yup....

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I never had to call the cops since I have live here but when I was living philly I had to call the cops couple of time because my niehgbors were being alound and selling drugs on the concer. Both problems got taken care of right away.

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:31 AM

no not to my house ever.. but i have called the cops on people in the neighborhood.

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:41 AM

This was our situation on a weekly basis one summer - the duplex across the street (a rental) was occupied by a bunch of low lifes who were drinking and fist fighting - girls, mind you - in the wee hours of the morning.  And every time we called the cops, we called the landlord, too.  At 2:00 a.m.  Yep - he got them all out as soon as their leases were up.

Quoting Rychelle:

no not to my house ever.. but i have called the cops on people in the neighborhood.

mrsr0125
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:01 AM
No, never to the house. But I've called them on my clients a lot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jms124
by Jen on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:14 AM

A few times.  Right after I moved to Reading, PA actually.  I was home alone (then bf, now ex-husband) was working late and I was on the 2nd floor of our apartment.  I heard people talking and thought it was downstairs.  Turns out the guy who lived on the 2nd floor was just really drunk...and loud.

I've had to call them to break up a fight next door at the shipping place.

Oh, and I called them one night because these punk kids were skateboarding INTO TRAFFIC on a highway one night.

My parents had to call the cops on night after the boyfriend of the lady I was babysitting for (I was 16 or 17) tried to rape me.  Yeah, that was a fun night.

HTMommy
by Crystal on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:48 AM
I've had to call for animal control purposes more than anything and have called bc kids were playing on the frozen creek trying to break the ice and when we told them to get off they flicked us off and yelled at us. Keeping in mind these were 3rd grade - 5th graders I hate little punk ass kids whose parents don't give a shit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HTMommy
by Crystal on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:49 AM
I've also called multiple times for road ragers bc I love my kids too much to die from some idiot driving like a moron on the highway
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I've called them to my house a few times... for the ahole across the street hitting hubbys car and hubbys friends motorcycle. This was a long time ago I was driving with my friends and the person in front of me was horribly drunk... almost hitting guardrails and tree's and stuff... We stayed and followed him and the cops got him and arrested him on the spot...

When I was younger I also had to call b/c some guy flipped his car into our woods infront of our old house.... And I also had to call from work when some guy got his entire arm stuck in a machine...

gabe06tara07
by Stephanie on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Yes, many times in my old house.  It was an older house and the alarm system would always go off.  The system automatically prmpted the cops.  

Also, I've called for medical reasons as a kid for my mother and many times when Eric was sick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)