Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where are some fun places to go camping in New Jersey?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:05 AM
  • 21 Replies

I love camping but have a hard time choosing the right place to go.

Please share any info that you have on New Jersey campgrounds.

If you can post some pictures, too, that would be great!

Here is a link to find info on NJ campgrounds:
http://www.newjerseycampgrounds.com/Default.php

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:08 AM

oh gosh i havent been camping since i was a kid.. but i know we went to a place up by highpoint.. we always had fun there :)

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Hospitality Creek in Williamstown, NJ  A lake, a pool, a kiddie pool and lots of activities.  Great  place to spend a few days!!

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:10 AM

there are a bunch of places in Cape May too.. i have a vacation hose down there.. so never stayed in the camp grounds.. but have driven though them and they are really nice.. some more "campy" than others.. some have cabins and pools and playground and stuff.. others are more pitch a tent and fend for yourself lol

ceciliam
by Lynn on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I have no idea. I have never been camping:)

jms124
by Jen on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Quoting Rychelle:

there are a bunch of places in Cape May too.. i have a vacation hose down there.. so never stayed in the camp grounds.. but have driven though them and they are really nice.. some more "campy" than others.. some have cabins and pools and playground and stuff.. others are more pitch a tent and fend for yourself lol

We have to get together this summer.  We spend a lot of time down that way since my grandmothers place is in Dennisville.

Connor has been asking to go camping and since the weather is getting warmer we really want to take the kids.

HTMommy
by Crystal on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM
I can't wait to actually go camping this year I'm tired of popping the tent in the backyard! I know of a lot of boyscout camps and pinehill and pine barrens have lots of campgrounds also
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:58 AM

I have never been camping before but most of my friend go camping in PA.

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:31 AM

yes!!! let me know when you are down that way and we will try to meet up!!!

Quoting jms124:

Quoting Rychelle:

We have to get together this summer.  We spend a lot of time down that way since my grandmothers place is in Dennisville.

Connor has been asking to go camping and since the weather is getting warmer we really want to take the kids.

Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Waywayanda is right up the street from me, and they have nice campsites! I went camping there once and it was lots of fun!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:13 PM

i have no idea, but i would love to know. we bought ourselves a nice tent two years ago and have yet to use it!

only place i can think of is my own backyard! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)