Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a little rant

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM
  • 4 Replies
So we have this thing every year called invention convention. Its like a glorified science fair but its inventions for everyday things. I like the idea but I KNOW that with our lifestyle we did not have the means or time to do this.
My stepdad said "let's do it" regardless of my objections. So I said fine, your idea, you do it.
Has not done ANYTHING with them. Nor has hubby who said he'd help too!
I'm pissed bc its a week away and no one has done crap with them and now last minute I'm going to wind up calling and cancelling them out of the competition/program.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Ugh sorry Crystal, how frustrating. Hopefully they get to it so it doesnt' end up falling on your shoulders!

mrsr0125
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:00 PM
How aggrevating!! I hate when nobody listens to your objections!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:16 PM

That sucks, Crystal.

HTMommy
by Crystal on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:02 AM
Its done, I made hubby call and cancel them only to have to them call back to confirm they aren't doing it.
I feel like a smackass bc we've been going back and forth for weeks confirming everything and onTOP of it all.... LAST NIGHT my oldest tells my step dad "we aren't doing the invention" and he starts 50 Questions. REALLY?!? Its due next week, it hasn't been started, it takes time, we have NO money for supplies, (to which he says, "well you didn't tell me you needed anything, make a list and I'll go find it") WHAT?!? You KNEW from day one what it was and where the hell was I going to get electrical supplies from? Pull them out of my butt? And seriously?!? Mr. "My dog ate your laundry bag tie I'll go buy you another one" and can't even do that and I'm supposed to trust you to go buy all these supplies only then to hear in a week or two that you don't have money for your own bills and need our help bc you bought all the supplies?!? Uhm no thanks I think I'll pass. I can't WAIT TO MOVE!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)