Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guinea pigs and bunnies!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:10 PM
  • 21 Replies
Does anyone have a guinea pig? Do they bite? I had a tiny, tiny hamster and he used to bite me all the time! I would love to get a guinea pig or even a bunny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:11 PM

We have a sugar glider, which is a small marsupial... That's the closest thing.. He's small and furry! lol

Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

romalove
by Robin on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:14 PM

We had a guinea pig that lived to be five and a half.  She was very quiet, hid in her little igloo when people came (she would come out when she was familiar wth you).  Guinea pigs are supposed to have floor time.  So, we would put her on the floor.  She never moved.  We could leave the room and come back and she'd still be there.  You have to clean the cage often, they love carrots and greens and we would give her those as treats almost every day.  Lots of fresh water. 

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:24 PM
I've always wanted one! Do they stink? Bite?

Quoting Habibti812:

We have a sugar glider, which is a small marsupial... That's the closest thing.. He's small and furry! lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:26 PM
How cute! Are they good pets for a 3 year old?

Quoting romalove:

We had a guinea pig that lived to be five and a half.  She was very quiet, hid in her little igloo when people came (she would come out when she was familiar wth you).  Guinea pigs are supposed to have floor time.  So, we would put her on the floor.  She never moved.  We could leave the room and come back and she'd still be there.  You have to clean the cage often, they love carrots and greens and we would give her those as treats almost every day.  Lots of fresh water. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:34 PM

i just had a post this week that im looking to adopt out 2 female guinea pigs that we have been fostering!!!! go back and check the thread and there are pics! let me know..

Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:36 PM

No they don't, esp females, tehy have no scent at all, and fixed males will not make a scent either. Maxey has never bitten anyone- IT's all about the time you put in wiht them and how you train them. Mine is loving, but I put in a lot of time with him.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting Habibti812:

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:14 PM

I had guinea pigs growing up. They never bit. We had a bunny, he was a pita. he used to hump all my stuffed animals!LOL1

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:01 PM
I'll check it out. I'm trying to bribe my boyfriend into letting me, I mean, our daughter get one lol.

Quoting Rychelle:

i just had a post this week that im looking to adopt out 2 female guinea pigs that we have been fostering!!!! go back and check the thread and there are pics! let me know..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:05 PM
Aww! Now I really really want one! Lol

Quoting Habibti812:

No they don't, esp females, tehy have no scent at all, and fixed males will not make a scent either. Maxey has never bitten anyone- IT's all about the time you put in wiht them and how you train them. Mine is loving, but I put in a lot of time with him.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting Habibti812:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)