Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

missing my baby

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:34 PM
  • 11 Replies
we had to put my 1 1/2 year old kitty to sleep tonight due to feline infectious peritonitis (it's 100% fatal and very painful to those cats who become infected). His heart became swollen, he was suffering congestive heart failure, and all his labs came back abnormal. They gave him a small chance to make it through the night on IVs and machines which I couldn't put him through. The house feels so empty without a cat under my feet everywhere I walk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Oh HUGS mama!  I am so sorry.  I had to put my Belle down a week before Christmas.  she had an inoperable cyst growing from her inner ear down into her mouth and was slowly starving to death.  My office felt so empty the next day when she was not on her window perch, or sprawled out in front of my monitor.  I am so sorry you have to go through this.

mamacifuni
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:47 PM

here is my little baby kitty with my dh and dd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 3, 2011 at 5:53 AM

Awww...{{HUGS}}

HTMommy
by Crystal on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:12 AM
Awwww honey....I'm sooo sorry, my "4-legged sister" (the big brindled dog when you came over) was just diagnosed with bone cancer, we're waiting for her time for us to say goodbye :-( its hard. We're here for you momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:13 AM

OMGoodness...I am so sorry for  your loss. I know what it's like to loose a pet, and a pet young as our kitten met a tragic accident at only 11 weeks old :(

mamacifuni
by Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:00 AM

O no, i'm so sorry.  She was a cutie too :(  My heart goes out to your family. 

Quoting HTMommy:

Awwww honey....I'm sooo sorry, my "4-legged sister" (the big brindled dog when you came over) was just diagnosed with bone cancer, we're waiting for her time for us to say goodbye :-( its hard. We're here for you momma.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

I am a proud Wiccan, Breast and Formula feeding, wishing I coulda had a natural childbirth experience, Extended Rear Facing, CIO (sometimes), mommy to my baby girl and wife to my hot hubby!!

HTMommy
by Crystal on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:07 AM
She's "ok" but its getting very obvious now when she yips if she steps wrong. I've been in denial but its becoming reality now. Its ok though, she's got lots of pain meds for now. I don't know how long my mom will hold out before she makes THE decision or if she waits so long she'll just pass on her own which I know in my moms heart she is praying happens. UGH I love pets they need to live forever!!!!!

Sorry about your kitty though its a tough time saying goodbye to the 4legged family just as it is to the 2legged ones.
*super hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Lynn on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:33 AM

So sorry to hear that:(

Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:40 AM

I am so sorry mama :-(

mamacifuni
by Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:03 AM
thank you everyone for ur kind words...we are so sad...i know it can seem like just a cat but it was supposed to be the cat my dd grew up with and he was such a lover and we definitely miss him soooooo much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)