Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TOTD 3/28: Allergies

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:59 AM
  • 8 Replies

Are you allergic to anything? What? How about DH/SO or your kids? How do you handle it?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrsr0125
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:27 AM

Em is allergic to amoxacillian and I'm allergic to codeine. She gets hives and I get extremely itchy. So we just don't take it.

Other than that its dogs and cats for me. So we don't have any! Andrew isn;t allergic to anything and so far we haven't found anything the baby is allergic to

betsystipo
by Betsy on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:18 AM

ugh Allergies!  Zach has horrible seasonal allergies - some days we can't even go outside in the spring.  :(  If we do go out, he has to take a shower asap when he gets in to wash off the allergens.  He takes Allegra but it doesn't work "enough", it makes it bareable for him, but he still sneezes, itchy eyes, etc.  If its a bad season, it will affect his breathing as well. 

He is also allergic to cats.  We still go to peoples homes w/ cats tho......we have had to leave dependant on how he reacts.  Some cats don't bother him, others are horrible.  Again, we give Allegra, and then Benadryl before bed if its a bad reaction.

I have seasonal allergies and take an OTC Allergy med.  I just deal.  lol

HTMommy
by Crystal on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:26 AM
Betsy, have you tried Singular? Trent was the same way before we started with it. He takes it daily before bed and is a whole new kid I actually need to get his script refilled.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhmomma
by Becky on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:35 AM

I am allergic to dogs, cat, sesame seeds, carrots and dust mites.  I get itchy and really nasty skin.  Cats effect my eyes too.  I feel like I have the finest cat hair sitting in there.  Dust mites...well for the most part my hubby dust for me.  Also I vacuums every day sometimes twice a day.

H and K have seasonal allergies.  They get Claritan and they tend to be fine after that.

HTMommy
by Crystal on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:37 AM
As to us, hubby is allergic to animals but he gets acclimated. The boys have seasonal allergies that have gotten better with age as do I and DH. My oldest is allergic to blueberries he breaks out and his father gets an anaphylaxis reaction so we aren't pressing the issue. And I am allergic to bee's, mosquitos, spider bites and iodine. I swell up and get giant welts and sometimes fever with bug bites. And iodine I get anaphylaxis with. That was fun when I was prepped for my c-section and the anesthesia guy didn't read the big RED wrist band and didn't hear me say IODINE twice. Nothing like not being able to breathe while having your baby come into the world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Lynn on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:11 AM

I seem to have developed season allergies, I'm guessing from the very dry Summer we had. Unfortunately, Brayden seems to have developed them as well.

Over the Summer, his Ped prescribed him Flonase, so we use that if we really have to. Otherwise, I have purchased a Nasaline Jr. for Brayden and it seems to work better then anything else.

Also, I have been researching, supplementing with quercetin and zinc, which have been said to help hayfever, instead of using medications.

If only I could get Brayden to eat apples, it would probably help him immensely, since they contain a high level of quercetin.

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Me and Mikey are both highly allreigc to all cillin and we wear a medical bracelet so everyone knows not to give it us. If we do get we both we will get bad hives, itchy rash and diffcult breath where we would have to go to the ER and if we were not treated right away we could die. So we both are not giving this when we are sick.  I'm also allerigc to real Christmas tree and wreaths and I have a diffcutl time breath, watery eyes, hives and itchy rash. I stay completey away from real christmas trees and wreaths at christmas time. Also with me if I have too much citrc acid I will break out in a rash so from it not happen again I tried to watch what i eat and drink that is very citrc acid so I don't break out. Chad has no allerigcs.

Toysbaby
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Nothing. Thank you Lord!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)