Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being a public servant sucks

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM
  • 4 Replies

Seriously.  My school district wants to eliminate the janitorial department and contract with a private company for those services.  We had a lengthy, emotionally draining debate about this during our board meeting last night.  The cost savings will be significant, but it is very hard to look at several men and women who live in your town - you know them by name - and weigh those savings against the hardship those families will face upon losing their jobs.  What's even sadder, to me, is that most of my fellow board members are all for it - in the name of "the children".  But I don't see the administration making any huge sacrifices for "the children", so its really hard to swallow.

We have to vote on it next week, and I am sure I will vote no, but I am just as sure the measure will pass.  I am sick over this.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:46 AM

this topic gets me totally heated!!!! so i will try to stay calm and brief... it makes no effing sence to me that you will put all those people out of work, and creat hardships for those who are making a minimal salary as it.. but yet you will have administration with 3 co-supers, 3 administrative assistants.. etc all making 6 figures.. its all for the kids my a$$! you dont see anyone in one of the unneeded high positions getting laid off ever! but lets lay off all the janitors ... for the kids! ughhh ok im back out of this post before i lose it.. :)

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:58 AM
Hugs Melissa. I hate to see this stuff happening. Christy is an ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Lynn on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:48 PM

That really stinks, Melissa:(

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Well, he has a job to do, although I think he could go about it better.  concessions have to be made by everyone, not just the teachers, or the administrators, or the janitors or cafeteria ladies.  But they're all so damn busy pointing fingers that no real solution can be equitably achieved.

and thank for those hugs - they help.

Quoting bhwrn1:

Hugs Melissa. I hate to see this stuff happening. Christy is an ass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)