Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sucking it up

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:16 PM
  • 8 Replies
So in the spirit of trying to continue to put my marriage first, I have decided to suck it up and ask my in-laws to babysit.

After an off-handed comment tonight it occurred to me that me and Andrew rarely talk anymore bc of kids and his work schedule. So I've decided to ask the in-laws come just 1-2 Sun mornings a month so we can go out to eat or run errands or whatever.
I figure mornings are better and Em is old enough now. Jordyn doesn't care and will go to anyone.

It will be ok, right? Sure. It will be....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gabe06tara07
by Stephanie on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:56 PM

That's great!  You will enjoy your time together!  It is needed in every marriage.

Stephanie- Mommy to Gabe (02/06/06) and Tara (05/06/07)

Wife to my husband Eric, who was called to live with God on September 02, 2010.  Rest In Peace my Love.  Forever in Our Hearts.

jen113000
by Jenna on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:59 PM
Time together is always good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Apr. 24, 2011 at 8:18 AM

I promise they will be fine. Your inlaws love them and will make sure no hairs are harmed while you are out.

Dont feel bad about running errands without them Michelle. You both need this time together. You arent just Mommy and Daddy.

My husband and I have never had anyone babysit and my kids are 16, 14 and 10!LOL BUT with his work schedule, we are now able to go out a few days a week while the kids are in school and just do whatever we feel like. Sometimes it's lunch, a drive or him following me around with a shopping cart.

betsystipo
by Betsy on Apr. 24, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Treasure the time!  We feel its very important as "Betsy and Marc" to go out by ourselves and be together.  We use my mom to babysit or a very close friends daughter who has become part of our family now!  She comes to birthday parties and other gatherings - as well as on vacation with us! 

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Apr. 24, 2011 at 8:43 PM

it will be fine, and you both will benefit from it!  Really, you have to be Hubby and wife once in a while, and not just mom and dad. 

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Apr. 24, 2011 at 8:44 PM

It'll be fine, Michelle. You need time with him.

Habibti812
by Joni on Apr. 24, 2011 at 8:49 PM
I agree, it will be fine and it will feel nice to spend time alone with eachother!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsr0125
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 5:56 AM

Thanks girls! I was gonna ask them yesterday if they could start doing that, except it occurred to me that between our schedule and theirs I think the first free Sunday is in June---maybe LOL!

We love spending time with each other and realize how important it is. But with my parents watching the kids while I work--and being the people we trust the most--it's hard. My in-laws have never ever been alone with my kids. But me and Andrew need time together. For my sanity if nothing else! :) So I figure a morning is much better than evening and if its only for an hour/hour and a half, it should be fine.

We shall see. I'll ask them eventually. Again, we aren't free anytime soon anyway, unfortunately.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)