• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Louisiana Rescue Dogs at Frankln Lakes Animal Hospital Seek Homes

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:10 PM
  • 5 Replies

Seven dogs remain up for adoption at the Franklin Lakes Animal Hospital following its annual adoption day in May.  Originally, 34 dogs were brought to Franklin Lakes from Louisiana. All but seven have been adopted.

If the dogs aren't adopted in the next few weeks, they may be returned to Louisiana. Many of the dogs are  a hound mix and under a year old. For more information, contact Franklin Lakes Animal Hospital at 201-891-1991.

http://mahwah.patch.com/articles/rescue-dogs-at-animal-hospital-seek-homes#photo-6315926

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:23 PM

OMGosh, so cute. I want them all! Wish I could have another dog! My cousin's dog was here yesterday. They are so not dog people! When we're at her house, the dog hides behind the couch! Yesterday, she was running around, letting everyone pet her and play with her! WTH?

bergencounty
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Probably becuase the dog is not in her environment, dogs are so kooky. They act so different when they do not feel they have to protect their home. How old is the pooch?

Quoting bhwrn1:

OMGosh, so cute. I want them all! Wish I could have another dog! My cousin's dog was here yesterday. They are so not dog people! When we're at her house, the dog hides behind the couch! Yesterday, she was running around, letting everyone pet her and play with her! WTH?

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Oh, believe me, this dog is not one that will protect her home. She is just scared of everyone. And my cousin is not a dog person. They leave her with other people all the time, leave her home by herself a lot. In any case, not sure how old she is. They got her from a shelter. She is probably about 2 or maybe 3? Hard to tell. She's a small dog and hasn't grown in the year and a half I have known her. I was just so surprised that she was so relaxed here. She shakes and shivers whenever my cousin has company. You don't even see her. Yesterday she was interacting with the kids and adults, and leasurely walking in my yard. Then again, we are very dog friendly.

Quoting bergencounty:

Probably becuase the dog is not in her environment, dogs are so kooky. They act so different when they do not feel they have to protect their home. How old is the pooch?

Quoting bhwrn1:

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:22 PM

I hate going to those places because my heart feels so heavy leaving them all there!

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:25 PM

I have a keeshond and I went to a lady's house yesterday that has the only other Keeshond that I know of here. He is sooooooo different than mine...mean, unapproachable, and not playful at all....he was $1,000.... She got another kind of dog from a shelter and she is the sweetest dog ever! she said she'll never go to a breeder again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)