Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not a NJ mom, yet.

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:57 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hi everyone, I am not an NJ mom yet but will be soon.  Well technically I am now because we are staying with my parents in North Jersey until we find a house we figure out where my daughter will be going to school.  I just wanted to say hi!  My name is Gina, I have been married to my husband Joe for 12 years.  We have 4 children, 3 boys and a girl.  Brayden is 9, Nicholas is 6, Alexis is 4, and Gabriel just turned 1.  We were living in North Carolina, but my husband got transferred to Hoboken.  We are very excited about this because we were considering moving back here anyways.  

As far as house hunting, I wanted input on a few areas.  My daughter will either be going to school in Edison, NJ (Middlesex County) or Fair Lawn, NJ (Bergen County).  I am looking for anything within 20-30 mins of those towns.  Also my boys are very into sports, so I'm looking for a town with both a good school district and a good recreation/athletic program.  I grew up in Tenafly which is Bergen County and I would love to stay in that area if possible, but I'm open to other areas as well.  Thanks for the help, hope to get to know everyone soon.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceciliam
by Lynn on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Hi! Welcome to NJ and to the NJ Moms group!

I also have a Brayden....he's 5 years old:)

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Welcome backl to NJ!!!

I'm Brooke! I live in BC, New Milford. Small town, good school district, better taxes than most northern NJ towns. I have three boys: Anthony is 7 3/4, Benjamin is 4 3/4 and Christopher is 27 months. I really like my town.

Good luck.

DylansMom1207
by Renee on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I grew up in BC, Dumont to be exact.  Nice town, good schools.  Hubby grew up in Cresskill. Also, nice with good schools.  A little pricier.  Not sure on price range.  Some other nice towns in BC are Paramus, Oradell, River Edge, Tenafly (of course, lol).

Welcome!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:21 PM

I work in Cresskill. Very nice town, but, yes, pricey. And I have to say that it is not convenient to any highways or major roads, so it makes it harder to travel into the heart of BC. Oradell and Tenafly can be very pricey. Tenafly more so. Paramus you can find really good prices if you are looking. You could go more north and try HoHoKus or Waldwick, also very nice and right off a major highway so it's easy to get to. I like River Edge, I think you can go either way with price in that town.

Quoting DylansMom1207:

I grew up in BC, Dumont to be exact.  Nice town, good schools.  Hubby grew up in Cresskill. Also, nice with good schools.  A little pricier.  Not sure on price range.  Some other nice towns in BC are Paramus, Oradell, River Edge, Tenafly (of course, lol).

Welcome!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

brone4
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Thanks for the help!  I found a house I love in Ho-Ho-Kus, so we will see.  Just waiting to hear back from Alexis' case manager about which school she was accepted into.  

No information on Middlesex county from anyone?

Habibti812
by Joni on Sep. 15, 2011 at 6:32 AM

WElcome Gina! I'm in Northern NJ as well!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Sep. 15, 2011 at 6:47 AM

I don't know Middlesex County, sorry :( Maybe someone else will chime in if we keep this bumped.

I wonder if your daughter is going to go to the same school as one of our other memeber's daughters. I do believe she goes to school in Fair Lawn. Jenna, are you seeing this? Is this the same school M goes to?

Quoting brone4:

Thanks for the help!  I found a house I love in Ho-Ho-Kus, so we will see.  Just waiting to hear back from Alexis' case manager about which school she was accepted into.  

No information on Middlesex county from anyone?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Welcome to the Group!!  I'm Melissa and can be of no help to you since I live in extreme southern jersey, but wanted to say hi!!

mama02040608
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:12 PM
North and south Brunswick are nice areas. Some parts of Franklin Twp are nice as well. E. Brunswick is another area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Sep. 15, 2011 at 4:58 PM

The funny thing is I want to move to NC!!! LOL

I wish I could help but I'm in south Jersey!

Welcome back!  =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)