Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going to the dark side... another cell phone question..

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:13 PM
  • 14 Replies

Im doing it.. getting a smartphone... i can get the Iphone 4 for $100 with my upgrade.. anyone have it.. like it?? any others you have that you suggest? I can get an LG Enlighgten free.. is it crappy?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Habibti812
by Joni on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:36 PM
I have the droid charge which I love.. My sister got the droid bionic which is newer. . Very similar to my phone. . I also liked that one.. Most smart phones do the same stuff and in the end your likely to be happy with whatever you choose. Droids tend to have more free apps than the iphone if that is important to you, but ive heard iphones batteries (at least the older iphone) tend to last a bit longer than a droid. However aby smartphone will drain thr battery more quickly than your used to with a reg phone. And if you turn off thr search for 4G option on your droid (not all have his feature so double check) it saves big time on ypur battery!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:41 PM

I have it. Love it. I would not go back to any other type of phone.

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:41 PM

thanks! im not huge on needing apps.. just really want a phone for talk, text, email and facebook.

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:41 PM

ok brooke i thinkimgoign for it!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:42 PM

You can turn it off on the iPhone as well.

I think it's a preference of how the phone feels to you. Rychelle go check out your options in person: droid, iPhone, whatever. And see what feels good to you.

Quoting Habibti812:

I have the droid charge which I love.. My sister got the droid bionic which is newer. . Very similar to my phone. . I also liked that one.. Most smart phones do the same stuff and in the end your likely to be happy with whatever you choose. Droids tend to have more free apps than the iphone if that is important to you, but ive heard iphones batteries (at least the older iphone) tend to last a bit longer than a droid. However aby smartphone will drain thr battery more quickly than your used to with a reg phone. And if you turn off thr search for 4G option on your droid (not all have his feature so double check) it saves big time on ypur battery!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Habibti812
by Joni on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:46 PM

I meant not all droids have the feature to turn off the "Searching for 4G " option Brooke. And it can really drain a battery!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, that sucks. It really does drain the battery, on any phone. I use wireless whenever I can for my phone!

Quoting Habibti812:

I meant not all droids have the feature to turn off the "Searching for 4G " option Brooke. And it can really drain a battery!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

NErye4
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

i Just got the iPhone 4, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  I've had it for a week and couldn't imagine anything else.  I was never big on apps too, until I got the phone.  It's awesome.  I feel like a little kid again LOL

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:26 AM

Adam uses t he household wireless for his iphone all the time and he gets good battery life.  He only searches for 4G when he is away from the house.

mama02040608
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:38 AM
My DH has the iPhone 4G and he is a huge fan. I can't wait until my contract is up so I can get an iPhone too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)