Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Making a wish come true this christmas?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:49 AM
  • 11 Replies

My mother was in a horrific accident about a yr ago. She was hit by a car while driving her motorcycle besides shattering  EVERY bone in her face, left leg, right arm, and broken ribs she lost her vision and sense of smell.  She has had several reconstructive surg. including 70 titanium plates and 120 screws placed just in her face.  At this time no type of surgery can restore her vision.  She has the biggest heart of anyone I know. Always willing to help others from the smallest things to helping someone through cancer. She really didn't deserve this.   We live in diff state so she doesn't get to spend much time with my son, her only grandchild.  All she wants to do is take him to legoland but with the millions of dollars she had in medical bills it makes it very unlikely. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that helps adult wishes come true.  Or even a talk show. Wish Oprah was still on :)

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:59 AM
I have No idea. I hope u find something. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DylansMom1207
by Renee on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Have you googled it?

bergencounty
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Sorry about your mom.

Not sure where LEGOLAND is, has it opened in NJ? Or is it in the state that your mom lives in?

kadensmom04
by Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:59 AM

I've tried to google for them all I can find is things for children or donating toys. They have one in CA and one just opened in FL which is where she want to go.

Milkdud5
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:06 PM

What I would do honestly would go and tell your moms story to a church clergy. Perhaps, in your local community they can start to have fund raisers for your mom to raise funds for her. If no maybe, they can help inother ways.

bergencounty
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Here is their site if you want to make a request for your mom

.Corporate:.. http://www.legoland.co.uk/About-LEGOLAND/Charity-Policy/

Florida:         http://florida.legoland.com/about/Press/

I see that they are supposed to open in Xanadu at Meadowlands [Secaucus], not sure of the status. If that opens that may be a cheaper option. http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/03/legoland_comes_to_the_meadowla.html

I'm sure somone in the Florida office could tell you the NJ status.

RE:Medical ..her car insurance should be covering the medical bills. 

kadensmom04
by Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 1:36 AM

Thank you soooo much!!!!!

Insurance pays for some but not all. We even raised over $30,000 for her and that doesn't cover even 1/2 of the bill just from intensive care.  Medical is crazy expensive never thought it could be so much.

bergencounty
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 5:06 AM

Best of luck w/LEGOLAND.

SO strange about the non-covered items. Years ago, I was on my way to my client [IT's firm's client, I'm not a hooker ...lol] and was hit by a truck, airlifted out, several operations, years of  physical/occupational therapy,  yada yada. Dude that hit me had lost his license the year before [alcohol/drugs],  no registration, no insurance  ...My insurance paid it all.The UCF and I was not liable for the rest of the bill. Did your mother's lawyer tell her to pay the balance?

kadensmom04
by Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Not sure. I know she has 2 insurance carriers and the they sued the lady who hit her plus the fundraiser. My gram handles her finances and told me she has bills that aren't covered.

Milkdud5
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Ugg that is sad story Hopefully Good will come from this .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)