Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Feeding

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok, not trying to start I debate.  This post is for your comments only, not to fight.

Watching Ch 7 News and they are doing a survey, so I was curious and thought I would ask their question too.

Do you mind people posting pictures to cafemom or facebook of themselves or someone else breastfeeding?

I was a breastfeeding mom, but never took any photos of myself or breastfed in public.  Not for any other reason than my own insecurities about myself.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM

i didnt BF, dont care if people do it around me, post pics etc.. i dont get offended or feel the need to cheer them on. I dont pay much attention to it honestly

ceciliam
by Lynn on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I breastfed but I never took pictures and I never breastfed in public. If I knew I was going to be out for a long period of time, then I pumped.

ceciliam
by Lynn on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I agree with this:)

Quoting Rychelle:

i didnt BF, dont care if people do it around me, post pics etc.. i dont get offended or feel the need to cheer them on. I dont pay much attention to it honestly

DylansMom1207
by Renee on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Does not offend me either.

mama02040608
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM
I don't care either way, but I do not agree with censorship. Or double standards. It seems pretty stupid that a woman can post a pic of herself in a bikini or with cleavage to the wazoo, but a pic of breasts doing what they were intended to is violating terms of use.

I have nursing pics, never felt the need to post them to FB, but not because they show my breasts. I also nursed wherever my kids needed to, without a thought. I think its a sad commentary on the way BF is looked at in the US.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
betsystipo
by Betsy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM

it doesn't bother me at all. 

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM

My boobs are nothing anyone wants to see..trust me...lol...but breastfeeding is a wonderful thing ...just dont know why we need to see the boobs...

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:53 PM

It doesn't bother me at all. I have only one photo of me breastfeeding. You can't even tell, it just looks like he's sleeping in my arms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)