Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM
  • 15 Replies

I have a recipe for homemade finger paint. I was thinking of making jars for Benjamin's class to send home with them instead of candy for Valentine's Day. Jeff thinks the parents will not be happy with this. How would you feel if your child came home with a jar of finger paint instead of candy?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mhmomma
by Becky on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:29 AM
I would love it personally. Enough candy already. Besides the fact that H isn't allowed much candy. Love the idea. Oh please share the recipe
jen113000
by Jenna on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM
I wouldn't mind it considering their age. They are 5 and capable of playing with finger paint. And plus I would have control over when they would play with it. I would hope the kids wouldn't open it before going home though. If they got curious about it ya know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Lynn on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I'm not a fan of tons of candy but I also dislike it when people give Brayden messy things BECAUSE he always wants to play with it right a way. My SIL's are good at giving him cans of silly string and I really hate that stuff! lol!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM

What would you think of doing it for C's class? I'm not sure how old the babies are, tho. I would have to find out. But for kids who are his age (2 1/2-3), do you think it would be appropriate?

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Done!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:25 AM

3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup corn starch
2 cups of water

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and heat until thickened. Pour in jars/container and add color (I added color right to the pan b/c I made all the same color for the class).

Quoting mhmomma:

I would love it personally. Enough candy already. Besides the fact that H isn't allowed much candy. Love the idea. Oh please share the recipe

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

eringlading
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM

i would like homeade play doh better. lol

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:44 AM

See, I hate playdough. It gets all over the floor in dragged everywhere. At least with finger paints, you can contain the area.

Quoting eringlading:

i would like homeade play doh better. lol

Lilypie

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I think the finger paint is a great idea and all the kids would love that.

Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I think it's a great idea! And if the parents don't want to do it with thier kids ( I don't see hwy not) they could just take it away. I think it's an awesome idea (I saw the recipe too on fb looks awesome) I would like it better than candy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)