Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have a finished basement?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 6:41 AM
  • 14 Replies

or a semi finished one? We've done all we can without spending any money downstairs...sort of a teen getaway...It looks really good for a not finsihed basement but I was wondering what I could do to make it not look so "underground bomb shelter"....lol.

I saved some images on Pinterest but am not sure what to do. I thought about painting the ceiling but that seems like such a job...the walls are white and the floor is beige, but there's carpet where the "livingroom" is. I'd like to section off half to hide the laundry/ hoarders area...lol....maybe with semi sheep panels? Something like this...

Just trying to think of ways to make it nice but not spend too much money.

HELP!

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 16, 2012 at 6:49 AM

I wish i could finish my basement. I would make it a hang out for the boys. But it's not possible with our high water table.

Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 16, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Ours is finished.. its thr kids playroom but its nothing super special.. i like your idea tho! We want to redo it in the Spring! make it half playroom halfbworkout area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Lynn on Feb. 16, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Not yet but we have plans to do it in the very near future. Bobby talks about leaving the ceiling exposed but I just can't picture it, since we want to put up drywall. All the quotes we have gotten are at least $10,000.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 16, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Quoting ceciliam:

Not yet but we have plans to do it in the very near future. Bobby talks about leaving the ceiling exposed but I just can't picture it, since we want to put up drywall. All the quotes we have gotten are at least $10,000.

Some look really nice where you dont even notice its not finished! BUT it requires lots of painting...ugh....looks kinds industrial but I sort of like it and the fact that it doesnt cost too much! I'm looking for a small sectional that can fit down the steps..right now there's a loveseat and chaise and it works...I have an electric fireplace down there with a small Tv on the mantel. No cable so they've been watching the same movies on dvd over and over and over...haha....We took most of the workout equipment and put it in the garage since no on ereally uses it and have a pool/air hockey table there.

Its nothing fancy for sure but enough that they are pretty happy. I just want it to look like less of a basement cause its kinda creepy!

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:08 AM

For Lynn!

ceciliam
by Lynn on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Thanks for posting these....I like:) I'll be sure to show them to Bobby! Part of our basement is being turned into a theater room and game room and the other half is going to be a gym.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

For Lynn!

mhmomma
by Becky on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM
No but we talk about it a lot. It would be the kids area and a craft room. I scrapbook and would love a designated area for that. We do take water in sometimes. Only when it's super wet outside. I think we figured it our though. One day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Lynn on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Love this!

NErye4
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

We are finishing ours right now! It should be done soon, I really wanted to leave the ceiling exposed to save money, but DH did not like that idea at all so we settled on a drop ceiling.  It's going to be temporarily another family room, but eventually it's gonna be a suite for either my parents or Elena 

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 11:38 AM

this is what my basement looks like. it needs work and hopefully one day it will get done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)