Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sunday dinners...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:00 AM
  • 7 Replies

Growing up Italian we were SUPPOSED to have big Sunday dinners...but my mom wasnt the best cook and really could have cared less. When I married my husband, his family always got together and I liked it! So now we try to make a nice dinner on Sunday and have mostly my inlaws over (we live next door to each other...sigh....that's a whole other post in itself)

Mike is making a big pot of sauce with meatballs and sausage and I'm making stuffed shells. We all love my zucchini casserole and we'll have a salad and garlic bread. Dessert is his grandmom's recipe for cheesepie (Italian cheesecake).

Anyone else do something special on Sundays compared to other days for dinner?

eatingbaking

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Nothing special here...only if we go to MIL's house.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Quoting bhwrn1:

Nothing special here...only if we go to MIL's house.

MY MIL never has anyone over at her palace...Shes afriad we'll touch something...*rolls eyes and gags*

But she does come over here and actually helps me by bringing things so I cant complain.

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Maybe not "special", but anytime we are all home on Sunday I try to plan a sit down meal - it's nice to eat together.  I'm making two pieces of pork tenderloin today - one for dinner and one to another day - since we should all be able to come together at dinner time.

betsystipo
by Betsy on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Sometimes we go to my inlaws, but its nothing special really.  Today I'm trying to decide what to make...

What's zucchini pie?  Recipe????

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:33 PM

nothing special here i work on sunday so it's hard making dinner.

ceciliam
by Lynn on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Some times we do. It really depends on my mood and what we had going on that day.

eringlading
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM

we used to do spaghetti and meatballs every sunday at my mil. it was special cause i became very close to the family while my dh was away in the military. doesnt happen anymore cause were all so busy. but i did make it tonight and had her over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)