Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

Need your help again

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM
  • 5 Replies
Ok so ks girl scout troop is going to DC in June. We are going to be involved in swaps while there. If you don't know what it is it is a small trinket you exchange with other girl scouts. You introduce yourself and swap a handmade trinket. It can be anything from a small Baggie filled with something to a beaded charm. You pin it on a hat to display. So I have come up with two ideas. They are prepped and ready for girls to make. The first one is a chipboard with the girl scout oath on it. It looks like a clipboard. The second is a small birthday card. Girls will stamp it with birthday stamp color and a 100 hanging off the safety pin. This is to celebrate 100!years of gs. I am trying to think of something to represent NJ. I have prepped the others with scraps. I would love some ideas. Not sure what to do. Needs to be easy enough for a 3rd grader to do.
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bhwrn1
by Brooke on May. 1, 2012 at 5:32 AM

NJ state flower?

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on May. 1, 2012 at 7:43 AM

how about a small shell?  a tomato cut-out?  a strawberry?

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on May. 4, 2012 at 6:04 AM

I like the shell idea...reminds me of our beaches... sun

Quoting jerzeetomato:

how about a small shell?  a tomato cut-out?  a strawberry?

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

HTMommy
by Crystal on May. 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Since they are pinned to a hat why not make the pin charms on safety pins? Depending on what charms or beads you get that represent what you are trying to, you may have to help them out but they could put them in whatever order they want then the adults assemble them?

mrgetinold
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM

hello from colorado, New jersery the garden state and i am sure very proud of that what about small bags of flower seeds to plant when the other gs get to their home state! have a great time in dc with your scouts!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)