Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

How would you feel *PIOG*

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM
  • 8 Replies

How would you feel if you made things and your family mocked you for making them but show off your niece/nephew proudly like its the cutest thing ever wearing something almost identical to what you make, that was made by someone else?

Personally I would feel slapped in the face and kinda of sad to call them family...

How about you and why?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ceciliam
by Lynn on May. 4, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Yes, that would be hurtful.

HTMommy
by Crystal on May. 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM

it is.....very much so actually...I know I shouldn't let it bother me but if it was anyone else it wouldn't....but its my brother....and mainly my SIL....this is becoming a constant problem lately and I don't know how to deal with it to be honest.

Quoting ceciliam:

ceciliam
by Lynn on May. 4, 2012 at 11:11 AM

So, they are mocking your stuff? Not right! I would stop showing them things you make....forget them!

Quoting HTMommy:

it is.....very much so actually...I know I shouldn't let it bother me but if it was anyone else it wouldn't....but its my brother....and mainly my SIL....this is becoming a constant problem lately and I don't know how to deal with it to be honest.

Quoting ceciliam:

jen113000
by Jenna on May. 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Crystal, they are just jealous! Don't let it bother you! I've seen your work! Trust me they have A LOT to be jealous of!

HTMommy
by Crystal on May. 4, 2012 at 11:19 AM

yea, I crochet the angry birds hats and when I first posted them for everyone to see on my FB my SIL was like "ACK kill it kill it" and talking about giving them to the dogs to chew on. This morning she posts a pic of my nephew wearing a very similar hat to the ones I make thanking the person who made it/got it for him and commenting how cute. Now granted it could have just been to acknowledge the person, but knowing them I don't think that was the only reason. Kinda felt like I was stabbed. 

Quoting ceciliam:

So, they are mocking your stuff? Not right! I would stop showing them things you make....forget them!

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting ceciliam:

HTMommy
by Crystal on May. 4, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Thanks Jenna. It looked a bit too perfect so I am wondering if it was bought somewhere, but idk, either way like I said to Lynn....you "joke" about "killing" mine and giving them to the dogs then fawn over one thats given to him? seriously? wth?

Quoting jen113000:

Crystal, they are just jealous! Don't let it bother you! I've seen your work! Trust me they have A LOT to be jealous of!

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on May. 4, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Crystal, family relationships can just be toxic and it's terrible.  It sounds to me that she did it deliberately in a passive-aggressive manner, and she is the one with issues.  Next time she mocks your stuff, casually mention how much $$$ you make from your crafts, even if its a lie.  Just to make a point.

HTMommy
by Crystal on May. 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM

THANKYOU!!! I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called! I'm seriously surrounded by it too my step dad is, my sil is, my brother is just a down right asshat sometimes to your face, but then uses the military cop out as an excuse....I just want to move away to a little shack...as long as it has running water and internet we'll be fine!

Quoting jerzeetomato:

Crystal, family relationships can just be toxic and it's terrible.  It sounds to me that she did it deliberately in a passive-aggressive manner, and she is the one with issues.  Next time she mocks your stuff, casually mention how much $$$ you make from your crafts, even if its a lie.  Just to make a point.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)