Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

ACK!! My baby is headed to High School!!

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM
  • 4 Replies

I had to take Mallory to the high school yesterday for an interview to get into the AVID program.  It's a program for kids like her, who is a little bit better than average academically and might need a little extra push getting ready for college.  Adam was in it at our middle school for two years, and it helped him tremendously, but after he was out of 8th grade, we had to disband the program becuase of budget and staffing issues (the two people who got the program up and running were retiring/on medical leave).  I hope they take her, because it will mean she will be with the same core group of kids for most of her classes and will not have as many "distracting" students to deal with.

I just can't believe her final days as a middle-schooler are wizzing by!!

by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on May. 9, 2012 at 7:44 PM

It gets here so fast, doesnt it??!!!??? M and T are in the same kind of classes for most of them anyway, and it does make a difference! Kids are gonna be freinds with who they are around the most. Ive seen T develop so many new friendships and sometimes like them  much much more than I like HER!LOLOL!!!!!

You go, Mallory!!!woohoowoohoowoohoo

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

bhwrn1
by Brooke on May. 9, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Goes fast!

HelenE60
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I am right there with you, my only child, my daughter is headed to high school in Sept. I can't believe where the time went to, I miss the grammar school days. She is looking forward to high school, middle school had it's issues at times, especially with the girls. Everyone tells me that high school will be better, I hope so.

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on May. 10, 2012 at 11:24 AM

From what I've seen with my son's friends, the girl drama never really ends.  Thankfully, my DD does not buy into it and has largely avoided it.  Keeping my fingers crossed for the next 4 years!

Quoting HelenE60:

I am right there with you, my only child, my daughter is headed to high school in Sept. I can't believe where the time went to, I miss the grammar school days. She is looking forward to high school, middle school had it's issues at times, especially with the girls. Everyone tells me that high school will be better, I hope so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)