Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

40 years ago today my dad died in a car accident. I was only 3 (almost 4) and my sister only 1 1/2. It's always been such a sad day for my family and really gets us all down. The rain only makes sense since it's all the tears we've cried looking up to the sky and wondering WHY?

To top it all off, my nephew is not doing well at all. Without going into details, he had major surgery and is having severe side effects that the doctors predicted could happen.

Just a sad day for me all around...the big highlight is that M is getting his Senior Award tonight . It's a scholarship for being an all around senior as far as grades, sports, community service and leadership in the school. Very proud of him but how ironic that we have to celebrate that on what is still the saddest day of my life.

I'm not trying to be a downer, really! But it's on my mind and I just wanted to say it out loud!

I NEED A HUG!!! simple frown

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Replies (11-11):
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Hi Stephanie! We've missed you!

Life goes on for sure...many days when it's always in the  back of your head but then there are the days when it's the ONLY thought in your head...anniversaries, holidays, birthdays, graduations, new births,etc...Believe me, god has blessed me in many ways and  I wouldn't have my children or many of the people in my life or experiences if he hadn't had died. they say it's God's plan but that doesn't mean we have to like it at all.

I'm going to turn 44 in August and to think that all but almost 4 of those years have been without my dad here is too sad and hurtful to explain unless you're also in my shoes. Gabe and Tara are living life as they should and I'm sure are so happy for the most part...as much as it becomes all you ever known, it still feels like something has always been missing.

Hope you are all doing so well! (((HUGS!!!)))

Quoting gabe06tara07:

Aww, I havent been on in a while but I just saw this and felt an obligation to respond.  I dont think the days every get easier, on anyone.  While time moves on and the kids grow up there is still always apart of them that is just sad.  No matter how young or old, it's your dad.  Gabe was 4, Tara 3 when Eric died and while there memories are few and often a result of stories I know the wonder why there dad was the one taken when everyone else has daddies.  Hope you got through alright. Hugs!

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)