Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

Roll Call! Check in Here, Please!!

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:42 AM
  • 11 Replies

Morning all!  The SJ area was pummeled with wicked storms overnight and a lot of people are without power.  Tons of trees down blocking the roads and making driving unsafe.

So check in and tell us how you made out last night.  Hope to find you all well, safe, and relatively unscathed.

umbrella  (no lightening sweetpeas !!)

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DylansMom1207
by Renee on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:34 AM

We're ok here in the north.  Hope all of you southern NJ ladies are safe!!

ceciliam
by Lynn on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:39 AM

We are fine here! I don't think we had any storms.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Storm was crazy last night ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
llheet8586
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I watched the news last night and saw what was coming!! I am in Ocean County, but allll my family/friends are mostly in Cumberland so I have heard a lot about it.  We did have a storm this morning around 5 something I think it was, but it wasn't that bad.  My husband got a call last night around 2am to come into work today, since he works with trees. 

dottieanna29
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:38 AM

We're up north but my MIL had a tree fall in their spare bedroom and has no power.  In Mays Landing.

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Mays Landing area was hit hard.  According to the news reports now Atl. County declared a state of emergency.  I'm thinking its gonna be a couple days at least for power to be fully restored.

Quoting dottieanna29:

We're up north but my MIL had a tree fall in their spare bedroom and has no power.  In Mays Landing.

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Jenna, what about power outages near you?  I understand most of Millville and Vineland has widespread outages and no businesses are really open.  Only One WaWa in Millville is open - the others all don't have power.  So much for grocery shopping today.

Quoting jen113000:

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM
We have power.... not sure about all around us. Friends in Franklinville are without power. Seems to be worse further south of me.

Quoting jerzeetomato:

Jenna, what about power outages near you?  I understand most of Millville and Vineland has widespread outages and no businesses are really open.  Only One WaWa in Millville is open - the others all don't have power.  So much for grocery shopping today.

Quoting jen113000:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootmommi
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:41 PM
There was very little damage down here but alit if damage and power outages as close as 20 mins north
ceciliam
by Lynn on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I heard that Atlantic County is in a state of emergency.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)