Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to group, nervous first time mom

Posted by   + Show Post

I am new to the group, I live in Northern NJ with my husband of 4 years.  After a long infertility battle we are finally blessed with twins on the way.  We just found out we have a boy and girl due in early March.

Looking for advice about just about everything LOL Can't wait to get to know everyone

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Replies (11-13):
colastwins13
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Glad to see another twin mom! If you don't mind me asking, how far along were you when they were born?  I'm feeling great and the babies are doing great so far but preemies are my biggest fear, wanna keep them inside as long as possible.

Quoting betsystipo:

Welcome to the group!  Where in Northers NJ are you?  I have twin boys who are going to be (gasp) 6 in a few weeks...time flies by!  Look for a Moms of Multiples group in your area - they can really be a great help!  Congrats!

colastwins13
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Thanks, congrats! So exciting to finally get that positive.

Quoting eandamommy331:

Welcome!!! I too battled infertility for many years and I now have a 6 year old son and 2 year old daughter!

betsystipo
by Betsy on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Well I delivered - by choice - at 37 weeks.  At 30 weeks I was put on bedrest.  I had lost my mucus plug and started contracting within a few  hours.  After a few days in the hospital to stop the contractions and monitor me and the boys, I was sent home on bed rest.  At about 35 weeks my BP started rising...but wasn't dangerous.  By 36 weeks and 5 days I waas miserable and they still just said try to hold out a few more days.  My headaches were so bad that weekend and I started seeing spots in my vision, so I called my doc and he said to come in.  I arrived in time - my BP was getting too high so I needed to deliver and quick!  I had to have a Csection (I had known for months about that bc baby B was stuck up in my ribs)  My boys were fine!  Charlie, baby A was 5 lbs 2 oz and Zachary, baby B was 5 lbs 9 oz.  Feel free to ask any other questions!  :)

Quoting colastwins13:

Glad to see another twin mom! If you don't mind me asking, how far along were you when they were born?  I'm feeling great and the babies are doing great so far but preemies are my biggest fear, wanna keep them inside as long as possible.

Quoting betsystipo:

Welcome to the group!  Where in Northers NJ are you?  I have twin boys who are going to be (gasp) 6 in a few weeks...time flies by!  Look for a Moms of Multiples group in your area - they can really be a great help!  Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)