Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

Oh girls. =(

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  • 11 Replies
T has mono... It started as strep and she was treated with 2 different antibiotics for it. Her first day back at school the nurse calls to say Tay is covered in a rash...call the doctor who reorders a mono test and sure enough that's what she has.

What's this mean? Well for one,hockey and gym are done indefinately bc of the chance of hitting her spleen from contact...he wanted to keep her home from school 2 more weeks but she became hysterical bc she fell really behind from the full week she already missed. She's also so upset over hockey that she won't talk about it.. Only cry.
And I'm scared to death she's going to give it to the boys or someone else...it's running rampant in her high school so more kids have it than they realize.

MONO!!! Halp!!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen113000
by Jenna on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Oh no :/ Poor T... I had mono as an adult. It was not fun at all... hope she gets better quickly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Lynn on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that....I hope she gets better soon.

betsystipo
by Betsy on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Oh no!  Poor thing!  I hope she gets better quick!

bergencounty
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Time for disposable cutlery, paper plates, bowls and cups in your house for awhile.

What a responsible young lady  you have raised, hope it runs it's course quickly and T is back to 100% soon.

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Oh honey - what a mess.  Mallory would rather play soccer than breathe, so I know what you're going through on the hockey front.  As far as the boys go, make her wear surgical mask, gown and gloves around the house.  Might not help much, but maybe you'll all get a much needed laugh out of it!

love and hugs to you and T :)

Unforgettable21
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Yes I've heard that its spreading everywhere. I hope she gets better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DylansMom1207
by Renee on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:54 PM
In so sorry T has to deal with this. Big hugs to you both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:25 AM

I actually bought a little pack of masks at the Dollar Tree and she wont wear them! I let her go to the Harvest Festival and made her take one but she never wore it! Today I told her she is sitting put if she cant listen....

How her boyfriend hasnt gotten it I have no idea....She and M share a bathroom and yesterday he started complaining about his throat! WAH!  And her best friend just about shares a kidney with her so I'm stumped why she is ok too.

Damn kids...lol

Quoting jerzeetomato:

Oh honey - what a mess.  Mallory would rather play soccer than breathe, so I know what you're going through on the hockey front.  As far as the boys go, make her wear surgical mask, gown and gloves around the house.  Might not help much, but maybe you'll all get a much needed laugh out of it!

love and hugs to you and T :)

Myspace Comments

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Thanks for the welll wishes, ladies. She's a brat and a PITA so I hope this moves by quickly!LOL

courtseanryan
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:55 PM

That stinks COurtney had it a few summers ago and she was just tired and couln't eat more than a few bites of food at a time. Then she got a sinus infection and when tested was on her way back to normal so she couldn't go to cheer camp and missed 2 weeks of practice to be safe. She and her friends share food and drinks all the time and none of them got it amazingly. We just had her not share and used the dishwasher and we were all fine. She still seems to get sick a bit easier since if she lets herself get worn down. Hope your daughter feels better quick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)