Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

We live in Essex Co [Nutley to be exact] Our taxes are a WOPPING 12K a YEAR for a 2 bedroom tiny home.

We want to move to Rockaway [morris county] where a house for 200-350k with 4 bedrooms and more land property taxes are only check this...5-8k a year!!!!

Our house has no mortgage, paid off. built in 1920. We just want OUT. Nutley's crime is rising since Newark cut police, all the crime is spreading this way from Newark, Passaic and surround urban areas.

We stuck it out because i am 7 months pregnant with a little girl and our son has autism and Nutley does have a great special needs program in the public schools.That I can say honestly. He receives FREE speech, physical and occupational therapies via the school district.

But I was doing my research on Rockaway and I have fallen inlove with that town.

Anyone in Rockaway or Morris CO that can tell me pros and cons?

by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Replies (11-17):
-BX-
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 10:57 PM
That's crazy! Damm. Well I absolutely love north jersey! Let me know when and if u move. I moved here in September. I don't have mommy friends lol

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Nutley has a great Special ed program but other then that, I'm over it. 12k a yr on taxes that only go to Newark schools and funding that city is pissing me off. I need to get away from Essex, Bergen, Hudson all those areas.

Quoting -BX-:

Awesome. My son is in a wonderful school.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting -BX-:

I love rockaway. I live 20 minutes from there in hackettstown. My taxes are 5k lol

How are the public schools over there? I don't have the means of homeschool or private

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaFrankie
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I was born and raised in northeastern nj. left for school in miami fl and moved the hell back bc i hated it down there. I was born in secaucus, raised in kearny and nutley. Now I'm over it because this whole area is going down the crapper.

Quoting -BX-:

That's crazy! Damm. Well I absolutely love north jersey! Let me know when and if u move. I moved here in September. I don't have mommy friends lol

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Nutley has a great Special ed program but other then that, I'm over it. 12k a yr on taxes that only go to Newark schools and funding that city is pissing me off. I need to get away from Essex, Bergen, Hudson all those areas.

Quoting -BX-:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting -BX-:

I love rockaway. I live 20 minutes from there in hackettstown. My taxes are 5k lol

How are the public schools over there? I don't have the means of homeschool or private

MamaFrankie
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:27 AM

DO you rent or own?

Quoting -BX-:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting -BX-:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting -BX-:

-BX-
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Own

Quoting MamaFrankie:

DO you rent or own?

Quoting -BX-:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting -BX-:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting -BX-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaFrankie
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:37 AM

DUH you told me your taxes LOL sorry pregnancy brain LOL. We are goign to do a lease to own we think. we found a cute townhome 3 bedroom with garage, has a pool and play ground with in the complex the rent amount is 1,500 including heat hotwater and gas which i personally think is a friggin bargin bc in Nutley a 1 bedroom starts at 1,000

Quoting -BX-:

Own

Quoting MamaFrankie:

DO you rent or own?

Quoting -BX-:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting -BX-:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting -BX-:

-BX-
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 12:40 PM
OMG yea that's a steal! Rockaway?

Quoting MamaFrankie:

DUH you told me your taxes LOL sorry pregnancy brain LOL. We are goign to do a lease to own we think. we found a cute townhome 3 bedroom with garage, has a pool and play ground with in the complex the rent amount is 1,500 including heat hotwater and gas which i personally think is a friggin bargin bc in Nutley a 1 bedroom starts at 1,000

Quoting -BX-:

Own

Quoting MamaFrankie:

DO you rent or own?

Quoting -BX-:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting -BX-:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting -BX-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaFrankie
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes rockaway

Quoting -BX-:

OMG yea that's a steal! Rockaway?

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting -BX-:

Own

Quoting MamaFrankie:

DO you rent or own?

Quoting -BX-:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting -BX-:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting -BX-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN