Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

Well, my big family thanksgiving is canceled :(

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:09 AM
  • 11 Replies
I'm trying not to be too disappointed considering the situation but I admit I'm sad. It's my favorite day and was really looking forward to it. But my mom and step dad have been at the shore points getting heat and hot water restored to people and more and more keep asking for their help so they can't leave there to come home and have thanksgiving now. Sooooo now I have no idea what we are doing. I have to call my inlaws and tell them it's canceled. Maybe my mother in law and I can throw something together and have it here or at her house just the 8 of us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceciliam
by Lynn on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Aaawww, I'm sorry Rychelle:(

Knowing you, you'll pull it together and manage to have a great time! And, that is an awesome thing your parents are doing for the Hurricane Sandy victims.

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Thanks Lynn.... My sister has to be in the Macy's parade or id say her and so could just do it together at my moms house still. But my step mom just offered to cook and move everyone to her and my dads place. So I think that's the plan now!!! :) so ill go up and help her cook tomorrow! :)

Quoting ceciliam:

Knowing you, you'll pull it together and manage to have a great time! And, that is an awesome thing your parents are doing for the Hurricane Sandy victims.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Lynn on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I'm happy to hear it worked out!

Is your sister performing in the parade for Bring It On?

Quoting Rychelle:

Thanks Lynn.... My sister has to be in the Macy's parade or id say her and so could just do it together at my moms house still. But my step mom just offered to cook and move everyone to her and my dads place. So I think that's the plan now!!! :) so ill go up and help her cook tomorrow! :)

Quoting ceciliam:

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Thanks!! :) well she's directing the performance. She's the choreographer not an actor :) so she has to go to be there for the performance they are doing in the parade. You may see her on the side with her ear piece, walky talky, and clip board lol

Quoting ceciliam:

Quoting Rychelle:

Quoting ceciliam:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Lynn on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I'll be looking out for her! I never miss the parade....on TV that is:)

Quoting Rychelle:

Thanks!! :) well she's directing the performance. She's the choreographer not an actor :) so she has to go to be there for the performance they are doing in the parade. You may see her on the side with her ear piece, walky talky, and clip board lol

Quoting ceciliam:

Quoting Rychelle:

Quoting ceciliam:

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome!!! :) me either!!!! I love the parade!!! :)

Quoting ceciliam:

I'll be looking out for her! I never miss the parade....on TV that is:)

Quoting Rychelle:

Quoting ceciliam:

Quoting Rychelle:

Quoting ceciliam:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww I'm glad it got resolved Rychelle!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Still a good day for the family, Rychelle - hook up your parents and skype with them during dinner!  And what a selfless thing for them to do - give to others who so desperately need their help.  They will definitely be blessed ten fold.

Ms.KitKat
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Why cancel? You can still cook. Make a meal or your in-laws then pack it up and bring "doggie bags" to your parents. They would greatly appreciate it after workng all day! Better yet! why not join your parents!? There will be lots and lots of families not hvaing a thanksgiving because they don't even have a house, much less a table to eat it on.

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM
No no my parents aren't going to be home at all. They are staying in manasquan all week. We can't go there because the area they are working in is still closed off to people. They have FEMA clearance because they are emergency personnel. Good thought though! We just moved the party. My step mom is having everyone at her place now :)

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Why cancel? You can still cook. Make a meal or your in-laws then pack it up and bring "doggie bags" to your parents. They would greatly appreciate it after workng all day! Better yet! why not join your parents!? There will be lots and lots of families not hvaing a thanksgiving because they don't even have a house, much less a table to eat it on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)