Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

When to teach...

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:06 PM
  • 8 Replies
The art of laundry to your kids? What age did you start doing your own laundry?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I started doing my own laundry at 12.  Mikey helps me with the laundry and he started when he was a year old. He like putting the degrant and clothes in the washer and then putting the dryer sheets and clothes in the dryer. He is a really big help.  We probley have him around 12 or 13 start doing his own wash.

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:12 PM
I did laundry in middle school. Mine will do the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Lynn on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I started doing laundry at about 7 years old. Brayden has been switching laundry for me since he was almost 5 because he wanted to, not because I expected him to. For some reason he likes it.....he will even help me fold clothes. lol!

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM
My moms way of grounding was getting us to do laundry... Even hanging it outside in the Winter! I can laugh at it now but I HATED it.

I still do all the laundry but will bring it up for the two older ones to put away. And sometimes that will sit there until I put it away... Sigh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterfly1677
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:27 PM
I started when I was in high school, but I have my kids helping me switch over starting at 4. They love helping. Makes them feel like big boys 😊
emilyrosenj
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM
My kids have been doing their own for some time now. My daughter was about 9, shes 12 now. My son when he was around 11, he's 18 now...
DylansMom1207
by Renee on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:37 AM
My boys love to help. They will put everything in the machine for me. I don't think I could consider having them really do it until they can reach everything which I don't see happening until at least 10.
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I started a while back. Anthony hates it. Benj is all about helping! I want Anthony to start doing his own laundry now but I just know he would mess it up, he's so clumsy and such

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)