Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

Gallstones anyone?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM
  • 8 Replies

Ok so I have been seeing this GI DR for a year and he's been telling me that I don't have gallstones that my pain is not related to the gallbladder blah blah blah. I have been convinced that it is. Finally this past week after I had dinner ziti I got  this awful pain kind of like a gas pain but so strong it just didn't feel right. I went t the ER the next morning because I was scared that the pain would come back, after 8 hours blood work and an Ultrasound it is confirmed that I do have Gallstones. I need to have my gallbladder removed 😞. I am always freaking constipated on top of everything uggh it sucks, he also said no way just take some stool softeners and you'll be fine.I'm not going to him to have my GB removed I'm finding a new Dr.  Have any of you had your GB taken out? What were your symptoms of stones? And how was the surgery? The ER Dr told me its a same day surgery. 

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Ohh no!! I'm Sorry!! I was rushed to the ER a few months ago when my Dr thought I was having a gallbladder attack. Turned out to be an ulcer but I do have gallbladder "sludge". Not stones though. And I know that pain is horrible. That burning in the rib age area. I heard its a very simple in and out surgery and recovery isn't bad!!! I'm sure you will be fine!!! :)

Random Side note: were you on a different mom board forum before cafemom??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyivy25
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Quoting Rychelle:

Ohh no!! I'm Sorry!! I was rushed to the ER a few months ago when my Dr thought I was having a gallbladder attack. Turned out to be an ulcer but I do have gallbladder "sludge". Not stones though. And I know that pain is horrible. That burning in the rib age area. I heard its a very simple in and out surgery and recovery isn't bad!!! I'm sure you will be fine!!! :)

Thanks no this is the only mom site I've been on for a few yrs now I love it ☺

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Ohh ok :) I was a member of a diff site a few years back and a girls screen name was mommyivy there and she was from NJ!!!!!

Quoting mommyivy25:

Quoting Rychelle:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyivy25
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Quoting Rychelle:

Ohh ok :) I was a member of a diff site a few years back and a girls screen name was mommyivy there and she was from NJ!!!!!

Quoting mommyivy25:

Quoting Rychelle:

Wow lol what a coincidence considering I'm from NJ as well lol

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Yeah I know!!!! Lol so I thought it had to be the same person!!! Lol

Quoting mommyivy25:

Quoting Rychelle:

Quoting mommyivy25:

Quoting Rychelle:

Wow lol what a coincidence considering I'm from NJ as well lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM
I still haves me but my mom and friends of mine have had theirs out and the pain you describe I'd just that! In and out surgery with just 3 little holes that heal to nothing. And from what I hear you will never be constipated again! They complain of going to the bathroom ALOT!! Lol good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Lynn on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:13 PM

My sister had them when she was 19 and had her gallbladder removed. They did a laparoscopic surgery where they made small incisions in her abdomen. It took her a few days to recover.

Her symptoms were always stomach aches, no matter what she ate.

eandamommy331
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:49 AM
I had my gallbladder out 7 months ago ... I remember the attacks feeling like I had to pass gas but couldn't. My pain even radiated into my shoulder and it was horrible !! I had mine out via laparascopy and it was pretty easy. The only issue I had was the night of my surgery I was vomiting a lot ... Mostly bile. I recovered pretty quickly thankfully. The first fewonths I couldn't eat red sauce because it would give me diarrahea but I've been fine now . I didn't have to change my diet . Good luck!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)