Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

Planning a Sweet Sixteen Party for my daughter! Any ideas are welcomed!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:21 AM
  • 17 Replies

T is turning 16 on the 16th...her golden birthday! She wants a party, of course...It's going to be in the garage and we'll also have an area set up outside with chairs and a bonfire. She wants a tiara (good grief) so I'm thinking princess.

I'm doing pizza and drinks, snacks, and stuff for smores by the bonfire. I have noidea as far as decorations for a garage and I'd like to make some fun cupcakes or a cake. Anything cute you can think of, let me know!!!

And, YES, I'm headed to Pinterest later!

Myspace Comments

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
veronicaeht
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:33 AM
I just threw a 16 party for my niece. It wasnt what i expexted as she isnt very girly. Prepping for the event party city or the party places actually had a big selection of decorations with 16 and princess and pink. I was going to order a cake and have a picture put on the cake of her. But she just voted for i e cream cake . If your garage is big enough you can take table clothes and put them down the side so it gives it a feel of an different place and on one section you can have people sign it. Cakes and cupcakes no help there im terrible in the kitchen 😀
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I like the idea of using a tablecloth for everyone to sign.  What an awesome keepsake!!

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Love all these ideas! Thank you!

Quoting veronicaeht:

I just threw a 16 party for my niece. It wasnt what i expexted as she isnt very girly. Prepping for the event party city or the party places actually had a big selection of decorations with 16 and princess and pink. I was going to order a cake and have a picture put on the cake of her. But she just voted for i e cream cake . If your garage is big enough you can take table clothes and put them down the side so it gives it a feel of an different place and on one section you can have people sign it. Cakes and cupcakes no help there im terrible in the kitchen 😀

Myspace Comments

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:28 PM

and now T has her own board on my Pinterest...that site is gonna be the death of me...lol

patlizvic
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM

My oldest turned 16 in August. She didn't want a party. Just had some friends over. I baked her favorite cake, made some cupcakes and brownies. I bought her a tiara from Party City but she wouldn't wear it. lol  You'll find lots of ideas on Pinterest.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I found TOO much on Pinterest.. I still want to keep it simple and not spend alot of money..a lot of ideas I showed her got turned down or as she said " it's not a wedding!" I don't get it... What's wrong with tulle and white lights hanging everywhere ? Lol!

She's good with a cupcake tower , pizza and drinks and a big bonfire but I just want it to look like less of a garage .

The tiara is a definite though!

Quoting patlizvic:

My oldest turned 16 in August. She didn't want a party. Just had some friends over. I baked her favorite cake, made some cupcakes and brownies. I bought her a tiara from Party City but she wouldn't wear it. lol  You'll find lots of ideas on Pinterest.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:25 AM

hang streamers and chinese lanterns - they'll still be fun and not look like a wedding!!!

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Quoting jerzeetomato:

hang streamers and chinese lanterns - they'll still be fun and not look like a wedding!!!

We went to Party City last night and I saw the lanterns and think they're so cute BUT not sure with the state of my garage what thet'll look like!

Party City can get expensive! The lady ahead of us spent over $200 and all she had were a few party favors, napkins, and tablecloths!

Myspace Comments

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:46 AM

If you have enough time to order, try Oriental Trading for some things - much cheaper than Party City.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting jerzeetomato:

We went to Party City last night and I saw the lanterns and think they're so cute BUT not sure with the state of my garage what thet'll look like!

Party City can get expensive! The lady ahead of us spent over $200 and all she had were a few party favors, napkins, and tablecloths!

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Dammit! Forgot about them! It's probably too late you think? I told her she needs to take a trip to the Dollar Tree and think outside the box. She's starting to get on my nerves wanting this and that... It's a garage for crying out loud!

Quoting jerzeetomato:

If you have enough time to order, try Oriental Trading for some things - much cheaper than Party City.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting jerzeetomato:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)