Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

My daughter's first Birthday party

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:18 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hey, so my daughter is my first child and I want this party to be a good one.  I'm trying to have it at some place that is for adults and kids/babies.  The only thing is the money.  Right now we have about $100, by her birthday we may have about $200-$300 but I am not sure really.  We may only have about $200.  For reasons we can't have the party at our house, does any one have any ideas for me.  We are still working on the guess list part right now.  My DD's birthday is in the first weekend in March.  Any ideas please?  I know we don't have a lot to spead on her party, so please don't point that out.  Money is tight and we are not the only family with tight money problems, but that is not the problem here.  The problem is I need help with her party ideas and places to look into. (South New Jersey).

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DylansMom1207
by Renee on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Most ideal would be a park, but march is still kind of cold. Could use a family members house?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I don't know where you are in SJ. But a zoo or park is your best choice... Could you make the party more toward April when the weather is better?

We have a zoo here in Cumberland County but Cape May has the best zoo and playground.. All free but recommended to give a donation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Lynn on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I don't have time right now but let me see if I can think of some ideas....I'll post some later.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I also say make your own cupcakes and kid friendly food like burgers and hotdogs and finger sandwiches... You'll save a ton of money there! Don't forget places like the dollar tree for party goods and balloons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eandamommy331
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Can you rent a hall and then make your own food?? Early march it's still hit or miss with the weather so you should def plan for indoors. You can always narrow down the guest list of just those who are really close to your daughter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bergencounty
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Have you checked into a church hall, American legion hall, VFW hall, room at the local library. Any Friends in a condo association that could rent out the party room there for you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN