Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

What's the most expensive thing you ever bought with your tax return?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mine has been furniture, but we also used it towards Disney the first time we took the kids years ago. It would be nice to say we put it in the bank, but we seem to always need it for something!

Myspace Comments

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:17 AM
Replies (11-16):
JJSMOMMYxox
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My new car.y old car kept breaking down every week so it was a great replacement lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoyJoy
by Joy on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM

laptop and bills

kitcal78
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Paid off some dept.  Put money aside for savings.  Paid half on my mom's new bed.  Put new tires on my hoop da ville car.  Purchased a tablet from walmart.com for $69+tax.  Only dept I have is my car note and one credit card.  I didn't have enough to pay off the car.  So I'm going to refinance it for a lower interest rate with my Credit Union.  Doing that the car should be paid off by the end of next summer.  Hopefully it will make to next summer.  Then I can trade it for a better used car.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:17 AM
I'm so proud of you! That's the kind of person I am... I'm still so practical when it comes to money and think art instead of " I want that, that , that and that!!" Well I still want it all but would rather pay my debt down first and hope there's a little something left over for ME!!

Quoting kitcal78:

Paid off some dept.  Put money aside for savings.  Paid half on my mom's new bed.  Put new tires on my hoop da ville car.  Purchased a tablet from walmart.com for $69+tax.  Only dept I have is my car note and one credit card.  I didn't have enough to pay off the car.  So I'm going to refinance it for a lower interest rate with my Credit Union.  Doing that the car should be paid off by the end of next summer.  Hopefully it will make to next summer.  Then I can trade it for a better used car.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitcal78
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Thanks for the koo doos.  I'm proud of me as well.  I have money coming out of my check for savings.  I also have an old fashion way of saving in a old coffee canaster.  Every little bit helps.  I have to keep something aside in case my child support payments get weird on me.  I use that to pay my son's daycare expenses.

wolfiegiggles
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:48 PM

A Florida vacation

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN