Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

Major snow coming this Friday? (2/8/13)

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 8 Replies

I don't have the DirecTV connected right now, so I'm out of the loop.  What are they saying on the news???

I'm in the northwest NJ area (Warren County)...you know, "north and west of the city?"  Not looking forward to a quarter mile long mountainous driveway full of snow.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I live in South Jersey and didn't hear about any major snow storm for Friday all I hear and saw was change of rain.

erin708
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Weatherbug isn't saying anything other than a 50% chance of snow. They won't know til thurs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:22 AM

As of this morning Friday's storm looks to bring mostly a mix to parts of Jersey and PA, with all snow in the poconos and NY.  They said the largest amounts will fall in the New England area.  SJ will see only rain - unless they have it all completely wrong again!!

michellejenner
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Actually there are 2 models for the storm. One is pretty bad, the other not bad. So who knows which one we will get. I watch channel 7 in the early evening and they ate pretty spot on so I'm just gonna see what they say over the next few days.

Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:35 AM

This is what I saw too that the Euorpean model (the one the was right on about Sandy) is saying that it could be a foot of snow in parts of NJ. This morning was the first I heard about this but I will definitely be watching it closely. I live at the Shore where it's not suppose to be as bad as north and west NJ.

Quoting michellejenner:

Actually there are 2 models for the storm. One is pretty bad, the other not bad. So who knows which one we will get. I watch channel 7 in the early evening and they ate pretty spot on so I'm just gonna see what they say over the next few days.

michellejenner
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Quoting Cafe Kelly:

This is what I saw too that the Euorpean model (the one the was right on about Sandy) is saying that it could be a foot of snow in parts of NJ. This morning was the first I heard about this but I will definitely be watching it closely. I live at the Shore where it's not suppose to be as bad as north and west NJ.

Quoting michellejenner:

I'm at the shore too.

Michelle Jenner
Independent Avon Representative
www.youravon.com/michellejenner
Use code FIRSTREP10 for free shipping when you use the direct delivery option 

Start your own AVON business for $10

www.start.avon.com

Reference code michellejenner

erin708
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:30 PM
I'm in sussex cty so we always get slammed. The weatther channel is only saying 3-6in for here right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bergencounty
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

The alert also predicted the storm would be significant.

"By Thursday night snow will begin as two lows move closer to the area. This will set the stage for significant winter storm to develop on Friday. Some warmer air may work its way in on Friday to allow for an early rain/sow mix but this will soon turn back to snow Friday night into Saturday as the low offshore deepens. Total snows amounts are now predicted to be between 10 to 18 inches for our region. These amounts could change in future forecasts with any shifts offshore. We will issue future updates, but reasonable preparations should be taken as the storm event approaches," the alert said.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN