Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

How do you feel about this? Guns in schools

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:12 PM
  • 4 Replies

Passaic Valley H.S. considers letting principal carry concealed gun

Principal Ray Rotella was a police officer for 25 years and has extensive firearms training. (February 5, 2013 11:12 PM)

LITTLE FALLS - The principal of Passaic Valley High School could soon be permitted to carry a concealed weapon to school.

Principal Ray Rotella knows how to handle a weapon. Before his current post, he worked as a police officer for 25 years and has extensive firearms training and real-life experience.

Rotella told News 12 New Jersey that in the event of a school lockdown, having a trained, armed person within the school would be most effective in handling the situation.

The district's superintendent of schools agrees, and says that Rotella's extensive experience in the field makes him particularly qualified for this unique exception.

Both men agree that not every teacher should be armed.

The district's board of education will consider the proposal at meetings on Feb. 12 and 26.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Well, if someone knew that he was carrying, they might be less likely to go into the school with a weapon to hurt people.

mamavalor
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I am just afraid the principals' guns might fall into the wrong hands and someone gets hurt.  You hear about families owning guns and their kids getting their hands on them.

I think we need to look at the mental health status of our country.  Crazy people will kill no matter what.

MamaFrankie
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:01 AM
All he needs is for some nutdoodle to grab the gun from him, his holster, his desk ect then his theory goes down the drain.

Columbine was students, now that It's public knowledge he carries a weapon that opens ideas for mentally unstable people who may walk the halls daily.
My dad was an officer killed in the line if duty, he always kept how gun at work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I dont like it but then again I really don't like fruit loops charging into schools with guns either!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN