Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

Saying goodbye to another child.....

Posted by   + Show Post

I live in South Jersey. Woke up this morning to hear we lost another child.

My sister is 28, our brother 27-they've buried more classmates then I care to count.

This girl had problems with drugs/alcohol, got herself into rehab-got clean and was coming back up in life.

I don't know how she died. Just that she had passed. I'm so upset right now because I had to break the news to my siblings.

Jenny's sister just had a baby girl-we've been friends with their family for years and years. Jenny's brother in law and my brother have been close friends as well.

It's just not right that all these kids are dying.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Replies (11-17):
Tigress22304
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Quoting amarie85:

I'm sorry. I understand. I've been to funerals for 2 teenagers in a little over a year, cried with 3 mothers that lost their son's to suicide and one that lost her pregnant daughter that was a week from giving birth because a teenager was texting and driving.  It is so tragic.

omg that's horrible :(

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

So sorry for your loss.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

ty so are we-we knew she had some severe health problems due to a car accident-but she seemed to be doing really good in the last year or so-but it feels like we're loosing too many of these young adults kwim?!

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
It's never easy to hear someone has died so young! I know exactly what you mean!

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

ty so are we-we knew she had some severe health problems due to a car accident-but she seemed to be doing really good in the last year or so-but it feels like we're loosing too many of these young adults kwim?!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amarie85
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Thank you. I know. I'm not the "typical" praying person but I say a little prayer for my boys everytime I think about the last few years...

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting amarie85:

I'm sorry. I understand. I've been to funerals for 2 teenagers in a little over a year, cried with 3 mothers that lost their son's to suicide and one that lost her pregnant daughter that was a week from giving birth because a teenager was texting and driving.  It is so tragic.

Amanda

Single mom in South Jersey

Tigress22304
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting amarie85:

Thank you. I know. I'm not the "typical" praying person but I say a little prayer for my boys everytime I think about the last few years...

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting amarie85:

same here-i hug and kiss my kids every day and I'm grateful to still have them with me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)