• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

some friends would be nice

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM
  • 15 Replies

its been almost a year and I have yet to meet any new people. im so close to going crazy because all i do is sit in the house with my babies, cook, clean and chase my tail. lol. it would be so nice to get out for once.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DylansMom1207
by Renee on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Hi! Welcome! Have you checked with your town to see if they have mommy and me activities? Barnes and Noble has free children's readings you can attend and meet other moms.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyofBK
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:47 PM

thank you..i will have to look into that. nervous to take my daughter places like that...shes so loud. lol

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:32 AM
How old is your child? If you don't want the activities mentioned, there are Gymboree or My Gym type classes where she can be loud. If she's older try the Y for classes or the township for sports she can sign up for
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anglgrl03
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I know the feeling! We moved here almost 2 years ago and everyone I meet ends up being crazy in some way. what part of Jersey do you live in?
ceciliam
by Lynn on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I use to do this with my Brayden. He loved it!

Quoting DylansMom1207:

Hi! Welcome! Have you checked with your town to see if they have mommy and me activities? Barnes and Noble has free children's readings you can attend and meet other moms.

Pbnj6
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:21 AM
My son is 6, so I've been feeling this way for years. No news friends. I try to see family and talk to coworkers, but it is not the same.
Mommabearsfirst
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I'm in south brunswick I have a almost 7mth old daughter I'm a sahm.
NoelleMichaels
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:33 AM

What town/area of NJ are you in?

MommyofBK
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I have a daughter thats 1yo (15 months) and a son that is 2 months old. I live in Edison.

MonarchMom22
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I would not hesitate to go to the Barnes and Noble or library story time - all the kids get up, walk around, cry, etc.  It is what kids do!  They expect and accept noise and movement at this age.  Just pick the time slot that most closely matches your children's ages.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)