Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if...

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 10 Replies

Your child is in a sport, lined up for an activity. The kid behind your child is touching them. ( Kicking, tickling, grabbing etc.. you get the point lol ). Your child is asking them to stop, but isn't visibly upset or anything. Their coach or instructor ( whoever is in charge of said sport ) does not notice. This isn't the first time this has happened either.

So what would you do? Would you tell the person incharge in private about the situation? Or just forget about it? Or...???

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoddessChasity
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM

i would go to the person in charge and point it out, that way they can see it themself.

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I would go tell the person in charge what is happen but also let the parent know too.

ceciliam
by Lynn on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM

See if the child isn't visibly upset, I might try to let them work it out on their own.  It really depends on the situation.

DylansMom1207
by Renee on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I would mention it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:26 PM
If my kid is just annoyed and not getting hurt or really upset about it? I'd do nothing. I let me kids work that stuff out on thier own. If its a continuous thing I talk to my boys about ways to ask them to knock it off or finding ways to avoid them. Like making sure they aren't next to them in line.

Just to add we deal with this a lot. Just on Tuesday a kid at practice was poking Caden and putting his mitt on Caden's head every chance he got. My son asked him to knock it off, but he didn't. Kids think that stuff it funny. Caden will now just try to avoid standing by that kid if he can tonight but we also teach them that you will ALWAYS encounter annoying people and you have to deal with it sometimes.
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I would tell the person in charge, right then and there. Not privacey, they need to know and watch the kids. That's their job as coach.

jen113000
by Jenna on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:55 AM
In my sons karate you stand in line in order of rank. Of course the kid I'm talking. About is ranked right under my son. So if they are both there and are lined up for a certain activity... he will always be behind him.

Quoting Rychelle:

If my kid is just annoyed and not getting hurt or really upset about it? I'd do nothing. I let me kids work that stuff out on thier own. If its a continuous thing I talk to my boys about ways to ask them to knock it off or finding ways to avoid them. Like making sure they aren't next to them in line.

Just to add we deal with this a lot. Just on Tuesday a kid at practice was poking Caden and putting his mitt on Caden's head every chance he got. My son asked him to knock it off, but he didn't. Kids think that stuff it funny. Caden will now just try to avoid standing by that kid if he can tonight but we also teach them that you will ALWAYS encounter annoying people and you have to deal with it sometimes.
Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Oh. If he can't get away from him and it's becoming that much of a problem, then I'd have my child tell the person in charge after or before class/practice what is going on.

Quoting jen113000:

In my sons karate you stand in line in order of rank. Of course the kid I'm talking. About is ranked right under my son. So if they are both there and are lined up for a certain activity... he will always be behind him.

Quoting Rychelle:

jen113000
by Jenna on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I did talk with them... not to get anyone introuble but for a learning experience. They talkedwith everyone about personal space keeping your hands and feet to yourself! Hopefully that works!

Quoting Rychelle:

Oh. If he can't get away from him and it's becoming that much of a problem, then I'd have my child tell the person in charge after or before class/practice what is going on.

Quoting jen113000:

Quoting Rychelle:

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Good!! I'm happy they addresses the issue and hope it stops! :)

Quoting jen113000:I did talk with them... not to get anyone introuble but for a learning experience. They talkedwith everyone about personal space keeping your hands and feet to yourself! Hopefully that works!

Quoting Rychelle:Oh. If he can't get away from him and it's becoming that much of a problem, then I'd have my child tell the person in charge after or before class/practice what is going on.

Quoting jen113000:In my sons karate you stand in line in order of rank. Of course the kid I'm talking. About is ranked right under my son. So if they are both there and are lined up for a certain activity... he will always be behind him.

Quoting Rychelle:If my kid is just annoyed and not getting hurt or really upset about it? I'd do nothing. I let me kids work that stuff out on thier own. If its a continuous thing I talk to my boys about ways to ask them to knock it off or finding ways to avoid them. Like making sure they aren't next to them in line.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)