Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids and sports

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:36 AM
  • 8 Replies

Do your kids do any sports? Which ones? How did they/you choose?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ceciliam
by Lynn on May. 24, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Brayden played basketball and will probably do it again next year. He is also starting wrestling this, Summer.

jen113000
by Jenna on May. 24, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Ryan does karate and baseball. I picked karate because of issues he was having. He loves it and really does well. I asked him if he wanted to try baseball ( he tried soccer and wasn't fond of it ). And he wanted to give baseball a shot. He likes it so far. I think he will play again next year.

erin708
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Julia is playing soccer right now. She hates it. She also does dance. She will go back to cheerleading in the fall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bergencounty
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:40 AM

When my son was little, he took his swimming lessons. Since I was out on disability at the time, I walked him to the pool every day after the towns rec summer camp. He swam every day at the town pool and played volleyball there. The pool director was the athletic director at the high school in town. He told me that you let your child pursue his dreams, not yours. He said his sons played football in college, while most of the kids from town did not as they were burnt out of sports by high school age because there parents had chosen the sports, not the kids.

Mine was that kid that as soon as he could walk there was a ball in his hands, My yard was filled with the neighborhood kids. The yard was filled with balls so they all could play whatever they wanted. If there were three kids in the yard there was a baseball game going on. He started karate, soccer, basketball and baseball at the normal  age, because he wanted to. He was chosen for the traveling baseball team his first year in baseball.He has a good arm and can catch well. [he always wanted to play baseball at home, so if there was no friends in the yard, I would  throw him the ball. I throw really bad. One day during a kiddies baseball game a kid hit the ball. As the ball was up in the as the sun was in everyone's eyes and everyone said no one would get it. My son caught it, and everyone applauded ..lol. My son told me that the ball was easy to catch after all the bad balls I had thrown him ..lol.

His passion was soccer ... he was the goalie in college. He is 6'3", he played basketball in the college gym for fun, and does karate.  He needs to do an internship and will graduate as a SPORTS MANAGEMENT major.

I AM SO HAPPY THAT I DO NOT HAVE TO WATCH ANYMORE GAMES ANYMORE.

DylansMom1207
by Renee on May. 24, 2013 at 10:58 AM
D is playing Tball. We asked him if he wanted to play. He lives it!!! My husband and I both love baseball, take the boys to games, so we thought he might enjoy it.
jerzeetomato
by Melissa on May. 24, 2013 at 6:11 PM

My kids love soccer!!  They've tried any sport they wanted to, but soccer has just always been in their blood.  And I never get tired of watching.

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Baseball and basketball. Well Caden isn't old enough for basketball yet. They both love the sports so we signed them up for baseball at 4 and Jordan started basketball at 7 which is youngest you can play in our rec. both loved playing so we then just advanced Jordan to travel leagues for them now and other trainings and all stars etc. Caden will do the same in a couple years if he chooses to :)
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Mikey isn't inrested in doing sports right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)