Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Outdoor Wedding in Southern NJ--advice from anyone who's been there, done that?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 2 Replies

Hello all!

My fiance and I are planning our wedding for the summer of 2015 and would like to have a simple (but elegant!) outdoor wedding in the Southern NJ area. We have both been married once before and have a large blended family, so budget is a major consideration! We are having a Quaker ceremony and plan to visit Valenzano Winery and Mountain Lakes House thus far. We already visited Morris Arboretum, and while it was BREATHTAKING we didn't like the indoor option--that's a lot of money to risk on good weather 2 years from now!

I am reaching out to the masses for advice from recently married couples in NJ...especially those who had outdoor weddings and receptions. Where did you have it? What (if you don't mind sharing) was the overall spend for the reception? Is there anything you wished you had/hadn't done or done differently? Was there any vendor or service provider you would strongly recommend?

Thank you in advance!

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ceciliam
by Lynn on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM

We got married up north at, Highlawn Pavilion, in October 2002. We got married outside in their gazebo and had the reception in the restuarant. We only had immediately family and our best friends and we spent $5000.

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

We got married in Marlton, we had our cemory in my in laws back yard and our closets friends and family were there to us married. Afterwards we had our reception at our local VFW and we invited about 50 people. Our whole wedding cost under a thousand dollars.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)