Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your favorite beach?

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2017 at 5:10 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hi! We are planning our first trip to the ocean this coming month. We live in Ohio so the drive to New Jersey will take about 8 hours. I have a four year old son and my main goal is to swim(obviously) and search for seashells and sea critters! I was personally thinking about ocean city but my boyfriend said that he has been to SeaSide heights and he liked it. What is your opinion on beaches?

We were also considering the Outer Banks but that is 14 hours away and that is just not possible :( Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

by on Jun. 6, 2017 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Ms.KitKat
by on Jun. 6, 2017 at 7:08 PM

I like Island Beach State Park. They limit the cars and will close the beach if it reaches a certain capacity. It's also very clean. Plus, they do conservation. 

Seaside has a boardwalk with rides but it's gone down hill  and prefer not even going anymore unless it's during the day.

A really nice beach spot is Cape May. It's a bit far- the very point of NJ but it's a nice beach and lovely town!

Unikpr718
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2017 at 10:20 PM

I prefer wildwood, NJ because its more family oriented.  I have a 10 and 9 year old and we love to do the boardwalk at night.  So many rides and so many games to play.  Its very clean.  I would definitely recommend it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)