Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Welcome to The New York Moms Group! Introduce Yourself.....

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:50 PM
  • 1367 Replies
16 moms liked this

wave

Welcome to The New York Moms Group!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms! 

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  If you're feeling really adventurous, start your own post.

Step 3:  Invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

To add a New York Moms group signature to your posts, click here: 
New York Moms Group Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me or any of our Mods a private message.  We really want you to have a great time in this group.

Now click reply and introduce yourself!

tea

Make yourself at home and enjoy the Group!

Robin, Beth and the New York Moms Group Mods:
elwalters77, Jillysmom, lizmarie1975, Mom2Jack04, Mom2jngnc, remaining_me, and Wyldbutterfly

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harry
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

hello fellow New yorkers !! Elaine here from Corning , NY. it,s upstate from the City. Finger Lakes area actually. I live just over the hill from Watkins race track. Just a few blocks from Corning Glass Museum of Glass, across town is the Rockwell Museum that has lots of old west paintings and displays of old west culture including Native American stuff, old toys and just all kinds of things that have to do w/ the old west.

Mr . Robert Rockwell and his wife loved the old west and they brought it back to town and put some of it in a museum.

With the race track just over the hill and the Corning Museum of Glass, we have LOTS  of tourists! Market Street is the main thourough fare of the city and lots of historic shops and things to see and do .

Now about me , I am happily married 13 yrs, have 2 grown sons and a wonderful grandaughter . LOVE TO COOK  so if anyone would like recipes , i,m willing to share or give advice or help . No fancy chef mind you , just good ol down home cooking . Love to read murder stories and am very interested in Native Americans and their culture . Like to travel , and would love work at home job . Christmas is my fav time of year with all the food and lights and excitment ( I still can,t sleep on Christmas eve no matter what i do ) . I like collectinig dolls , the fancier the better . Have worked a varitey of jobs in my life . I love my peace and quiet when I can get it . Would like to hear from other NY moms here and make some friends .

tvschiulaz
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Hi Ladies:  My name is Vicky and I live in the borough of Queens, in the metro NYC area.  I am a full time working mom, and love to check in on cafe mom as often as I can.  I am into siggy making, and admin for a few groups.

I look forward to getting to know everyone from New York!  WE ROCK!  YEAH! 

Jillysmom
by Adele on Nov. 11, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Hi I'm Adele and i'm out on Long Island. I grew up in Queens and have been in the island since i'm 15 but queens will always feel like home. I am the mom of 3 and a grandma to be. I am happily married for almost 10 yrs. I drive a school Bus for a living,which most days I love, so I am free during the day to spend my time on Cafemom.I love to read. Anything else you want to know just ask.

j.a.n
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 8:30 PM

hi my name is shirley,im married for 14 years hubby and i have five girls and three dogs.lived on longisland all my life minus the 8months i lived in texas...i have lived all over longisland between nassua and suffolk county..

Bufferfly1502
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Ladies! 

I am Rebekah, and I live in Rome, NY.  All roads lead to Rome, so they say, and up here you quickly learn it is true.

I am a 35 yr old wife to my wonderful 50 yr young hubby, and proud Momma to our brood of 7.  No, no, no, before you ask, they are not all mine, lol...well they are but they aren't.  Three are mine and four are his...and let's not forget the 8 Grandbabies!  

I am currently a sahm, as my f/t job of caring for Pop's (my fil) ended abruptly when he passed away Labor Day morning.  Am hoping to  get my craft business off the ground, and looking for work out in the real world as well.  Been 2 1/2 yrs since I have worked outside the home, and the 'hunt' is proving to be a bit overwhelming for me right now. 

Am enjoying my time here on CafeMom, and hope to make some new friends.  Hope you all have a blessed and wonderful day!

robsgurl_23
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Hello..I am Betty I am in Schenectady NY rotterdam area..I am 29 I have 2 girls Zoey is 7 and Gabriella is 3..I am married to Bob he is 32...=) Hope I get to know some moms in my area..I have been here for about a year and a half I moved here from the Boston area..so I dont really know any one in the area. Zoey goes to school but a lot of the moms there seem to stick to the people they know...=)

Mystyk_moon
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Hello all! My name is Mel, and I am a mom of 4 from near Buffalo.  Lived in NY most of my life, aside from 4 years in FL when I was little, always in small towns, I couldn't imagine living in a big city, I'm too much of a country girl at heart!

jgl3g
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Quoting Jillysmom:

Hi I'm Adele and i'm out on Long Island. I grew up in Queens and have been in the island since i'm 15 but queens will always feel like home. I am the mom of 3 and a grandma to be. I am happily married for almost 10 yrs. I drive a school Bus for a living,which most days I love, so I am free during the day to spend my time on Cafemom.I love to read. Anything else you want to know just ask.

Hey Adele.... I grew up in queens as well Ozone Park. I moved to the Island when I was 17. Then at the old age of 30 I moved to TN :( been here ever since. How ever I am a Yankee at heart and miss it there dearly.

Keywi231
by Member on Nov. 17, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Hello everyone, my name is Marissa . I was born and raised in Long Island, I've lived in Suffolk for most of my life and just recently moved to Nassau. I have 2 boys 5 yrs and 7 months. Happily married for 3 yrs. I'd love to make some friends in the area to do the park thing or the shopping thing or just for coffee. If you want to know anything else send me a message!

jasmin143
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2009 at 11:22 AM
4 moms liked this

Hello ladies, my name is Tara and I live in Brooklyn. I'm 28 years old. I have a 5 year old daughter, and I've been married almost 9 years. I'm a sahm, interested in going back to school. I recently lost 50 lbs, and I'm trying to keep it off.  I look forward to getting to know you better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN