Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Black Friday? Cyber Monday?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:48 PM
Liz
  • 10 Replies

Or a little of both?

I, personally, try not to step foot in a store on Black Friday.  I don't deal well with crowds.  I do most of my shopping on Cyber Monday on Amazon.  They always have great deals.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Robin
by Head Admin on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:40 PM

I usually go to the stores with my Mom the day after Thanksgiving but I usually don't buy anything. 

I'm usually a last minute shopper - although, I did buy a few things already:)

holding gifts

Join us on The New York Moms Group!
         NY Moms Group Mod

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Quoting Cafe Robin:

I usually go to the stores with my Mom the day after Thanksgiving but I usually don't buy anything. 

I'm usually a last minute shopper - although, I did buy a few things already:)

holding gifts

I went to Toys R Us for some party favors for my daughter's birthday party on Saturday and I picked up 4 Christmas gifts.  They were having some great deals that I couldn't pass up.

j.a.n
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 8:44 PM

santa greeni love shopping on black friday..the deals are good and the thrill of it all..last year we got our grandson a fire truck that was bigger then he was and i only paid $20 bucks for it..yes the crowds are their and the lines are long,but it allows for me and hubby to spend a little quiet time together.

JulyBabies
by Member on Nov. 14, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I always wait until the last minute...I work much better under pressure!

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 21, 2009 at 11:02 PM

My DH and I go out on BF with a "wish" list of stuff from the ads. If the stores have it great, if not we have a great kid free morning ;)  

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, Christopher and Alexander 

"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."

nickysmom71
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2009 at 12:05 AM

I do not shop Black Friday or any crazy days such as those....I will end up killing someone.....seriously people tend to become psycho crazy people when they shop on days like those...online shopping all the way....

Grneydmomof2
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Well I am an online shopper so Cyber Monday is my day to shop.

Sign my GB and read my journals!

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Nov. 22, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Quoting nickysmom71:

I do not shop Black Friday or any crazy days such as those....I will end up killing someone.....seriously people tend to become psycho crazy people when they shop on days like those...online shopping all the way....

I feel EXACTLY the ame way.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Nov. 22, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Quoting Grneydmomof2:

Well I am an online shopper so Cyber Monday is my day to shop.

I have everything I want in my Amazon shopping cart.  I'm jut waiting to hit that checkout button!

elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 22, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Quoting j.a.n:

santa greeni love shopping on black friday..the deals are good and the thrill of it all..last year we got our grandson a fire truck that was bigger then he was and i only paid $20 bucks for it..yes the crowds are their and the lines are long,but it allows for me and hubby to spend a little quiet time together.

Me too!  I look forward to it every year.  I'm so excited that it's almost here!  I LOVE a bargain and I LOVE giving gifts.  I can usually get most of my shopping done in just 5 or 6 hours and it's nice to get out of the house alone with my hubby.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)