Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite ways to relax.

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:03 AM
  • 8 Replies

What are some of your favorite ways to relax. I bet they differ according to where we live. Just a hunch.

I like sitting at the back side of our corn field where there's a little stream and listening to it babel.

Reading a book in the summer under our big maple tree.

Going out to the barn and brushing my horse.

Of course a bath but good luck with it being uninterrupted with 8 people and 1 yes 1 bathroom.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
harry
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:16 AM

have no one home but me , a good hot cup of tea and great book , lounging in my lazy boy w/a blanket ( if winter ) and my slippers on , the tv on mute, and i,m good to go !

JoGibson
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Relax?  I had to look that word up, never heard it before.  LOL.  Actually I relax by practicing taekwondo (our entire family does) and I fight in competitions.  This year I placed first overall in adult women's KYU korean forms, first in adult women's sparring (fighting) and second in adult men's and women's free self defense.

JoshiRachelsMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:26 AM

I have a routine:

Get up and stretch and work on my karate for the first 15 minutes of the day, go upstairs make a pot of coffee, have two slices of toast, go out on my front porch and drink it as I listen to the ocean. it's pretty serene here in the mornings. Once I'm done ~ I wake the little monsters for school. LOL

mamafor6
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:28 AM

Good job congrats

Quoting JoGibson:

Relax?  I had to look that word up, never heard it before.  LOL.  Actually I relax by practicing taekwondo (our entire family does) and I fight in competitions.  This year I placed first overall in adult women's KYU korean forms, first in adult women's sparring (fighting) and second in adult men's and women's free self defense.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Relax, for me, is either early in the morning before the entire house wakes up or later in the night when all the kids are asleep.  I just sit back on my sofa and listen to the quiet.  It's a beautiful thing.

JoGibson
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Thanks :)  I am a black belt in WTF taekwondo and so is my DH.  It was our "us" thing before we married.  Then I had kids and went from 130 lbs to 220 lbs.  I spent a few years dropping the weight and promised myself that once I dropped the weight I would start learning a different style and last March I finally hit my goal of 120 lbs.  So now I am an under belt in ITF taekwondo with my DH and kids.  I am in better shape right now then I was at 18.

Quoting mamafor6:

Good job congrats

Quoting JoGibson:

elwalters77
by Erica on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:52 PM

lounging in the pool in the summer

cuddling up and watching movies in the winter 

ammil87
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Well usually I like to enjoy a nice glass of red wine with a good book. I'm also a coffee lover...so coffee is very relaxing to me.

However last night I went to an amazing yoga class and I've never felt so relaxed in my life! I'll definitely be doing that more often! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)